Contest Guidelines

This contest aims to help you show off your storytelling talent in the language you are most comfortable with. Write your heart out and treat us to some phenomenal Valentine's tales.

The rules for the contest are as follows:

1. Your story must be a minimum of 1500 - maximum of 3000 words long.

2. Your story must be in one of the listed languages. (See previous chapter.)

3. It should be a story that you've specifically written for this contest.

4. Your story should be inspired by one of the quotes provided. You must include it in an original way, adapting it to your narrative. The phrase should not appear verbatim. It is meant to be a guide for your story, setting the overall mood and tone for it.

5. The phrase, however, must appear as an epigraph in the beginning of your story, to let the judges know where you drew inspiration from. The epigraph will not be considered part of the word count.

6. Your story must follow the Content Guidelines outlined by Wattpad.

7. You must submit your story using the following Form.

8. We will be assessing stories on spelling and grammar, narrative voice, relation to the quote chosen, and overall creative execution.

9. Your story must carry the tag #ValentinesContest2019. Add this in the tags section from your story editing page.

10. The final and most important rule: have fun and show us what you've got!