FAQs

Does it have to be a single chapter reaching 3000 words?

No, as long as the word count is reached, feel free to use as many chapters/parts as you like.

Can my story be a fanfiction?

Yes, you can write a fanfiction, as long as it follows one of the given quotes. Use the #fanfiction tag so the right audience will be able to find it.

Can I submit a co-written story with a friend?

Yes, but if you choose to publish the story on both your profiles please be aware that we can only add one story to our respective reading lists, not both.

Can I write Mature works?

Yes, you can, as long as your story content abides by the Wattpad Content Guidelines, Mature fiction may be entered into the contest.

Can I submit a story with LGBTQ+ Characters?

Of course you can, this contest and Wattpad as a whole is always inclusive of LGBTQ+ characters and stories. We'd love to read about them!

Can the story be over 3000 words?

Unfortunately, no, as part of the contest's challenge is to write an engaging and unique short story within the given word count.

How will our stories be judged?

Stories are judged on various factors, such as written quality (spelling, punctuation, and grammar), originality, and how well it relates the chosen phrase.

Can I write more than one story?

As much as we'd love you to write to your heart's content, we can only accept one story per user for this contest.

How do I use the quote in my story?

The quote you'll choose will have to be used in an original way, adapting it to your narrative. The phrase should not appear verbatim. It is meant to be a guide for your story, setting the overall mood and tone for it.

How do I submit my story to the contest?

Simple: just fill this out form and you're in! *Please pay attention as every language has its own submission form.