Chapter 10

Ghirahim's POV

I left the house, leaving Aya to rest. I didn't really have a specific place in mind, but I needed to leave for a while.

As I walked, I spotted my sister going into the woods. I readjusted my course to follow her, wondering if she would lead me to that troublesome sky child.

I hadn't seen enough of his exchange with Aya before I felt my jealousy rising.

It only grew worse when he hugged her and she even seemed to like it.

Though, that didn't bother me, as I knew that they had been friends since they were small children and it was meant to be comforting.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a feminine voice.

"Ghirahim. You followed me." Fi said.

"Yes, I did. I was curious." I replied simply.

"Good. I have been meaning to talk to you. Not as enemies, but as siblings." She stated.

My eyes widened at her bringing up our familial relationship.

She shocked me even more when she landed on her feet and walked closer to me, wrapping her cloak around my waist in semblance of a hug.

It felt strange to hug Fi after all of these years, so I didn't know how to respond at first.

Eventually, I managed to wrap my arms around her small frame.

"I miss you, brother." She said in a sad tone.

"The same can be said of me. I do regret my betrayal, but I'm too far gone now. No amount of light will return me to my former self..." I mumbled.

I felt a surge of magic and when I looked down, I saw that my sister had changed into her human form.

The presence of her cloak faded into the warm feeling of her arms.

"You still wear the cloak..." I mumbled.

Suddenly we both tensed. I heard Aya calling my name.

But I also heard Link calling Fi's name.

Instead of releasing my grip on her, I pulled her closer to me.

I heard their footsteps approaching rapidly.

I picked her up and held her in my arms instead, leaning down and planting a small kiss on her forehead, just like I used to.

I saw a flash of red as Aya stepped from the trees, wearing my cape.

I briefly wondered how she got it, but then remembered teaching her the technique I use to teleport and such.

On the other side, Link also stepped from the trees.

Fi had her eyes closed and was snuggling close to me.

Aya didn't seem surprised as I thought she would, but Link looked as if he had never seen siblings hug before.

Link's face immediately hardened into an expression of anger.

"First you brainwash my best friend into staying with you and now you're stealing Fi away too?" He asked.

Fi opened her eyes with a start and hopped from my arms.

Aya came and stood beside me.

Fi approached Link with irritation clearly visible on her face.

Both Aya and I stared with wide eyes at what she did next.

She brought her hand up and slapped Link across the face.