Chapter 16

Ghirahim's POV

I heard a small groan as Yimi started to wake up. When she opened her eyes, she saw Nikko and scurried away from him.

She looked for an escape and saw me. Running to me, she grabbed my arms.

"Drakov! Protect me from the demons! They're scary." She pleaded, seemingly forgetting that she "hated" me.

I brushed her use of my old name off and smirked.

"But, how am I supposed to protect you from the demons, when I am one myself?" I asked, poking fun at her panicked state.

She stared, not understanding what I was saying.

Aya piped up.

"It's like asking the Goddess Hylia to protect you from Din, Farore and Nayru. She isn't powerful enough to stop another goddess, let alone three, because she is only a goddess herself. If that makes sense." She explained, looking nervous.

Yimi looked at me, then back at Aya. She bolted to the other woman.

"Then you protect me." She said, hiding behind her and putting her hands on her shoulders.

Aya snickered quietly and looked at Nikko.

"Begone... Uhm.. foul demon!" She said pointing at him in an accusatory manner.

I snorted and he had an expression of pure confusion.

"Damn, it's really like that? I thought you liked me?" He replied, pretending to be hurt.

I tried to hold in my laughter. This was turning into quite the dumb joke.

I heard Liliana giggle and so did Yimi, despite still looking extremely scared.

"Fine then, we'll remember that when you get hurt." Nikko retorted, pretending to be angry. Then he left, Liliana following shortly after.

Aya turned to Yimi, who seemed more relaxed.

"You know, I didn't mean to hurt you that way. We haven't even introduced ourselves yet." She told the woman.

"It's alright. No hard feelings. Mostly because I did the exact same thing to another fallen when I first became one. It's common for us to get angry really easily." She replied, smiling at Aya.

"Well, maybe for the ones who were angels before, I used to be a human..." Aya mumbled in reply.

"Well, fallens in general." Yimi told her.

"Anyways, I came here because I felt the presence of another fallen and I had hoped it was my friend. He disappeared a while ago and hasn't come back." She explained.

I shook my head. "I haven't seen Yoku..." I told her. Her shoulders sagged.

"Well... thank you anyway, Drak-" she started to say, but I cut her off.

"Before you thank me or whatever anymore, I'd appreciate being called by my current name." I said, trying my best to not sound rude or snobby.

She seemed confused.

"You have a different name? Well, now that I look at you... You do seem different. But you have the same aura as before."

"Drakov has been dead for a very long time. I've been known as Ghirahim for over a century, ever since my spirit was bound to this blade, making me a sword spirit, and not really a demon." I explained to the woman, bowing politely.

I turned to Aya. "This is Aya, my Mistress. She used to be a human who lived in Skyloft, until she fell down to the surface and nearly died. I came across her and healed her, and she's stayed with me since then." I continued. Aya waved.