[four] minute men

"No, we don't serve tacos here." I sighed.

"Don't you sell nachos though?"

"Yes ma'am, but we do not, and I repeat do not sell tacos."

"Why?" She asked grumpily. Her fat neck ass was getting on my nerves.

"Because this is a movie theater, not a (pig farm) Mexican restaurant." I said through gritted teeth.

"That don't mean nothing."

"Bitch either order off the damn menu or leave!" Jonathan snapped from next to me. I was glad that the theater was empty besides her.

"Excuse me? Don't call me no bitch!"

"I just did. Biiiiiiitch." Jonathan mocked her, rolling his neck side to side as he dragged the word on.

"Jonathan-"

The woman reached over the counter and grabbed a fistful of Jonathan's uniform collar. She nearly yanked him off of the counter as I struggled to pull him back.

"Jahseh! She gon eat me!" Jonathan squealed. He started to laugh.

"If she do, you gonna be the appetizer because you skinny and I'mma be the main course!" I joked as I tugged harder. Jonathan started to choke because of her iron grip.

"L-let me g-go Shamu!" He sputtered.

"Fuck you!" She let go with one hand and harshly smacked him on his cheek. I gave one last tug and an unconscious Jonathan went slack on my chest. I held him up by his arms.

"Damn! You almost killed him!" I huffed. She bucked at me.

"Who the fuck you- whew girl. You better leave." I chuckled. I won't hit a bitch unless given a reason. And she weigh about a good three hundred reasons.

"Whatever. Y'all got some weak ass movies anyways!" She said, shoving the cash register off of the counter and walking out.

I sighed. Jonathan groaned against my chest.

"She had the strength of a thousand slaves. I think I see Micheal Jackson reaching out for me in the light."

------------------------------------------------------

"-you believe that shit about R. Kelly?"

"Hell nah! They got legs and he got a front door, they coulda walked they underaged asses right outside."

"Ion think it was that simple."

"I'm just saying. Why was they parents allowing them to-"

"Aye! Dents and McIntyre, get y'all asses back to work!"

"Who you calling Dents?!"

"Boy, don't raise yo voice at me! Get. Back. To. Work!"

"That nigga is so fucking annoying. Sometimes I just want to rob this bitch for fun. I'll talk to you later Jahseh."

Kentrell rolled his eyes and slid out of the booth.

Tay nodded at me and followed Kentrell.

"What the fuck were they talking about?" Gazzy asked from where he was sitting next to me. He draped an arm around my shoulder.

"Some pervert got caught on his Daniel shit. It's nothing." I waved it off.

"Oh. Anyways, you ready for tonight?"

I groaned. "Why do I have to go again?"

"Because! You're my friend and I want you to be there, I get lonely! That and Omar is there and I need you to put me on that." He smirked and squeezed my thigh.

I moved his hand. "Sometimes I wonder about you."

"Are the thoughts dirty?" He wiggled his thick eye brows.

"Hah!" I snickered.

He looked offended. "What's so funny about that?"

"Gazzy." I looked at him.

"What? You don't know, maybe I'm low-key attracted to your triangular torso having ass."

"Yeah, ight." Jonathan said, taking a seat at the booth. He passed me a cup full of soda, which I gladly accepted.

"Mind yo business, Jonny." Gazzy grinned, tightening his grip on my shoulder. "Speaking of business, are you and Kentrell fucking with the lights on yet?"

Jonathan started to choke on his drink. I took a long sip of mine.

"W-what?"

"I said, are you and-"

"I heard you. Are you and Omar cheating on each other yet?" Jonathan snapped back.

"Nope. And if I was with him, I wouldn't need to cheat so hah!"

"With them hoe tendencies? Your name might as well be Thotianna." Jonathan chuckled, wiping the spilled soda up with a napkin.

"That's an ugly name. What would I even do with that name?" Gazzy rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

Jonathan shrugged. "Bust down, Thotianna."

------------------------------------------------------

"You fucking cheat! Give me my fifty dollars back!" I stomped my foot angrily.

"I didn't cheat. You just suck." The guy replied.

I clenched my fists. He was being cocky in the food court about how thick his jaws were so I'd made a bet that I could fit more grapes in my mouth than him, and he cheated by swallowing them whole. I don't know why I did it.

"You were eating them!"

"I never chewed them, so it doesn't count." He said nonchalantly, which just pissed me off even more.

"I'm gonna ask you one more time." I warned. He let out a loud laugh as I followed him into the parking garage.

He dug his keys out of his pocket and waved the money in my face with a grin. "Easiest money I've ever made." I started to see red.

It was almost as if my brain went into overdrive. I brought my knee up to his gut and once he was bent over, I wrapped my hands around his throat and squeezed. "Don't fucking mock me! I hate it when niggas fuck me over!"

I didn't even feel hands on my arms pulling me off of him until Kentrell was suddenly yelling my name. "Jahseh damn!"

I let go of the guy. He coughed and started to cry.

"Here! Take it you fucking psychopath! I'm telling on you!" He cried as he ran away.

"Pussy!" I yelled back. I grinned and picked up my money.

"Really? All that over fifty dollars?" Kentrell giggled. A sound that I didn't think he was capable of making.

"Nigga that's a whole ass paycheck." I smiled back.

"You ain't lying."

"You almost killed him, you know."

"Oops." I shrugged.

"Well, like Aaliyah said, you can dust yourself off and try again. I think we can catch him if we run fast enough."

"Wait, what?"

Kentell got this murderous look in his eyes as he rubbed his hands together like birdman. "I ain't popped a nigga in a while. I miss watching a fuck niggas eyes roll back as they take their last breath-"

Oh hell no. He crazy crazy. I mean damn, I'm a little scared right now and I was the one that just choked a nigga.

"Well, that's my cue. Bye Kentrell." I waved and started to  speed walk away.

"What? Was it something I said?"

-Jada