[ten] reading is fundamental

"I don't get it. How you gonna be a theater, but you don't sell corndogs?"

"Sir, I don't know what theater you've been going to, but corndogs aren't usually sold in theaters."

"Well start selling them then. Look, just give me my tickets cause uh, this ain't it." The angry man crossed his arms.

"No need for an attitude, but of course."

"Nigga don't talk back. Just give me my shit."

"If you're gonna be disrespectful then just leave. Today has been going good and I don't need you messing up our streak." I sighed.

It's been two days and so far there's been no incidents. Jonathan has been behaving, everything was going fine.

"Fuck yo streak! I'm fed up and this damn lobby smell like hot ass and Jalapeno! Give me my shit!"

Someone behind me cleared their throat. A disappointed Jonathan moved me out of the way again.

"Come on man. Just do like my colleague asked and please leave." Jonathan said surprisingly calm.

The guy started laughing while looking Jonathan up and down. "Oh shit! Look at captain save a hoe! Ole long tan and handsome ass nigga right here."

"That didn't even make sense but go off." Diego mumbled from by the soda machine.

"Shut the fuck up. One of y'all need to give me my shit before we have a problem."

"Problems? A problem?" Jonathan slapped both hands on the counter and smirked. "It's been a while since we done had problems, and I'm bored as hell. Try me."

"Oh no." I groaned and gestured to the man, then to Jonathan. "Man, just fucking leave. Jonathan, don't do anything stupid."

"Give me my tickets. This my last damn time."

Diego sighed. "I'll go get Kentrell, just in case." I nodded in agreement.

Might as well get Kentrell, help will be needed. I already knew that something was gonna go down because Jonathan was eyeballing the fucking cheese vat again.

"Why you still here?" Jonathan smiled.

"Why you ain't-"

Jonathan was quick. In one swift motion, he had got a hold to the damn vat and threw it's contaminants all over the poor guy. I watched in horror as boiling hot nacho cheese flew across the counter.

"Ah fuck, it burns! Help!" The guy shouted through his pain. Jonathan leaped over the counter and stood over him. I rushed over and picked up the vat.

"What's that? You're burning? Let me help put you out then, bitch!" Jonathan yelled as he started to stomp the man out.

"Yo, the fuck is wrong with you?!" I tried to pull him back.

"Fuck this job! Let that salty bitch say something, I'll stomp her ass too!" Jonathan fumed, harshly bumping past me and walking to the exit.

He ran into Kentrell and Diego but he kept going, disappearing into the rest of the mall.

"Help, please I'm sorry." I felt a hand shakily wrap around my ankle.

"Nigga, you getting cheese on my work pants!" I kicked his hand away.

"What the hell..." Kentrell confusingly looked at the man on the floor, the exit where Jonathan just left, then back to the guy covered in cheese.

"H-how? I only left for three minutes!" Diego gasped.

------------------------------------------------------

"Yeah so, Jonathan got fired." I sighed sadly.

"Man, I don't care. I already got a job at the Barnes and Noble on the East wing." Jonathan shrugged.

"You deadass out here gritballing niggas with hot cheese. Who the fuck hired you in a book store?" Nick asked, crossing his arms.

"The real question is, why are you throwing hot cheese on people?" Jarad sighed.

"Weak ass nigga. I would have thrown the fryer grease. Make sure that nigga remember." Tay laughed and rubbed his hands together like birdman.

Nick raised an eyebrow at Tay. "Evil ass child." He muttered.

"I'm glad ion do paperwork and shit cause that would have been hard to explain." Kentrell said, giving Jonathan a deadly look.

"Not my fault." Jonathan shot Kentrell a dirty glance.

"Then who's is it?"

"Jahseh!"

"Me? How?!"

"You don't know how to stand up for yourself! I always have to set them niggas straight for you."

"One, what you just said was really fucking retarded. Two, you don't have to help me with shit."

"He does have to do shit for you though." Nick added.

"Ion see why."

"It's cause he likes you." Tay whispered out loud. Nick and Tay snickered.

Kentrell choked and Jonathan coughed.

"Hold up, for real?" Kentrell asked a coughing Jonathan.

"What?"

"Hold up."

"Y'all stop playing-"

"Nigga, be honest. Do you have a crush or whatever on Jahseh?" Kentrell crossed his arms.

I scoffed. "He does not-"

"And if I did? So what." Jonathan shrugged it off. Kentrell smacked his lips and looked offended.

"What you mean 'so what'?"

"Guys-"

"I mean, so what if I did have a little thing for Jahseh? That's my business."

"Well now it's all of our fucking business. All includes me so it's my business too."

"So Jonathan likes Jahseh, and Kentrell likes Jonathan? Yooo!" Nick giggled and shook Tay's shoulders.

"Now, let me stop you there-"

"I ain't got no damn crush on Jonathan." Kentrell cringed.

"Huh? You don't?"

"Hell the fuck no. I'm focused on Jahseh right now, and this nigga trying to fuck up my chances." Kentrell lightly shoved Jonathan.

"Ohh, Kentrell....so you telling me that Jahseh got TWO niggas on his ass?" Jarad smiled.

"No, I don't." I butted in. "You niggas need to stop playing now, the joke is going too far."

"Fuck a joke, I'm serious." Kentrell said.

"Shit, so am I! I knew him first, back you ass off before I give you another dent!" Jonathan pushed at Kentrell.

"I ain't scared of no skinny bitch!" Kentrell pushed him back.

"Calm down!"

"Oh shit! Better hide the nacho cheese!" Tay joked.

"Tay!"

"What the fuck did I do?"

"Stop instigating-"

"Don't fucking touch me pussy ass nigga!"

"Who you calling a pussy?!"

"Stop fighting!" I reached over the table to try to separate the two dumbasses before they start hurting each other for real.

"Yeah, stop fighting over Jahseh!" Tay snickered.

"Must be nice to have two niggas fighting over you." Jarad sighed.

"You niggas ain't helping!"

-Jada