The Final Warp

"That was one hell of a ride there, Wandrel!" I finally oxygenated my suffocating lungs with the unescaped air inside my broken ship after my organs bumped back to its own place. "How do you feel now, Walter?", she said with her worried but a proud tone of being right. "I thought the ship's thrust separated my bones from the skin but now, I feel fixed."

I lied perfectly through my cracked space mask as much as the robot is not capable of understanding such perfection. I didn't have to let her know that my body is not so stable yet, but I did have to let her think that I'm alright or her wired brain would collapse--again and I don't have any more nuerogyzing wires.

"I warned you, you idiot! Now, we are gonna be space junk after a few seconds!" Her color-fluctuating eyes showed more anger than her loud words, screeching through the glass of my helmet.

"You are right robutt, but the good thing is, we are outside the asteroid belt and at the edge of our galaxy. All we need to do is to push this space-roasted marshmallow a bit more to get into the Meda." My words caused hope in her mind or it's just her getting more serious.

Her lips started moving again forming sounds vibrated by the symphony of innocent and programmed wrath. Her words were getting louder by every second but I didn't give in, I didn't care.

I have hope, a frying spaceship and a blabbering friend now and that's all I need. That completes the triangle of my life from what I have gathered in the milky-way. Now, I die with pride in another galaxy.

"Sit back wandrel, for one last ride." I accelerated The ship into the realm of peacefulness, my last uncounted Earth-seconds, into Andromeda through our final warp.

¦¬¦¬¦¬¦¬¦¬¦¬¦¬¦¬¦¬¦¬¦¬¦¬¦¬¦¬¦¬¦

"Erange Walter of Earth 2099. How do you feel now?" The voice pampered my eyes to unshutter in the wake of my afterlife. "I feel great!", I shouted uncertainly right after I got up from the soft silver bed. "You must be an angel and this must be heaven." My enthusiastic chatter widened his smile and loosened his eyes which could've made me feel better but my brain irritates me with strange resonants of confused thoughts. I don't know what I'm trying to tell myself but anyway, my excitement to explore this place has taken over them.

"You are free to perceive about this place and believe them but before you do, you gotta know that I'm not much of an angel and this is not the exact heaven and most importantly, you're not dead, neither is Wandrel, your--robutt." His voice reached the depths of my soul with its crisp and clearance but how in 'the whatever place this is' am I not dead yet? "Walk with me, I'll answer everything you gotta know." That felt like a non-sensable acknowledgment but since his words are spirited with the power of inducing highly-imaginative thoughts, I had to give in. "You can read minds, great. Let's roam your place, then."

My irritation had faded away and my shoulder was covered with his arms. That's when I realized he was wearing a brown coat since now I'm standing away from the bed and that I've undocked my sight from his eyes.

I also realized I'm inside a wide metal room with nothing but this bed and a few strange objects that my mind can't comprehend.

I still feel like missing something. "We are gonna walk to Wandrel. Don't worry she's safe, right in the dome of creation and she got up much sooner than you did." The missing piece is in its place now and I really gotta check that place out.