Chapter 6

George had to wake up early for her daily run.

She dressed up in a pair of old jogging shoes, a shirt and a pair of shorts.

Tippy was already up when she walked out of her room, her steps careful so she would not wake the devil sleeping two doors away from hers.

“Miss Georgina! You are up so early! Do you need anything? Can’t you sleep?”

“I wake up early for a run,” George explained. “I’ll probably need a heavy breakfast once I get back,” she said, checking her watch. It was four-thirty in the morning. “I’ll be back in about an hour. What time does your boss wake up?”

“Sir Jordan? Around five or five-thirty. He also runs, but not this early.”

“Well, I better go on then. I hope I don’t get lost.”

Tippy laughed. “I’ll open the gates for you.”

*****

I was too giddy when I saw the door open and Georgie went out. But then I saw what she was wearing and my bumpers fell. She was going on a run.

She’d not need me after all.

Hey, Georgie, what do you feel about driving me? You know, to see if I will actually run? I’ve been stuck to this place for more than a day now and I don’t think my engines are used to such a long rest. I tell you, Georgie, I may not start when you want me to!

I heard the BMW snort.

Oh, so now you are talking to me?

It did not answer but gave another snort.

Georgie was led by the help named Tippy and she was gone for her morning run.

Fiiiiine, leave the poor Beetle Volkswagen behind. I never expected this to happen to me. I have had a lot of adventures in the past and this was by far the most unwanted one of all. Georgie, how could you do this to me?!

*****

George lost her way around the large subdivision for a while but finally managed to make her way back after almost an hour of running and clearing her mind. She needed to release her extra energy in case she felt the urge to punch Jordan again so he would not end up dead this time.

Her friends would kill her if she did not give them a reply today.

She had not touched her phone at all, knowing she would find get more questions. She just hoped that they would not come barging in to check if she was okay.

She almost bumped against Jordan when she entered the gate.

“You went out running?” he asked.

“No, I was actually just on my way back from dumping a body I happened to kill last night when I got bored,” she answered sarcastically.

“I don’t think I’ll ever get your humor,” he said with a tinge of smile on his lips. Again, it changed his unappealing face in a big way. But it was gone the moment she noted it. Again.

He was dressed for a run. He had a fit body, one she had already noted since they met. He surely took good care of himself. Probably because he was too afraid to lose all his money at an early age.

George did not say anything more and walked past him.

“Just ask Tippy and the others if you want to have your breakfast,” he said behind her.