-4-

In order to build a connection, I would need to be vulnerable first. What's the catch? Vulnerability scared me more than death itself

.

.

.

Grandma coughed loudly from the other side of the table, smiling when she caught me looking as I picked on my food: "now that I have you back here, mind telling me why you were zoning out?"

Focusing back on her, I smiled, letting out a sigh: "just school stuff."

After debating whether I should give a ring to Luke, I decided against it, knowing it would only make it worse and came to visit my grandma instead. She would help me figure it out.

She nodded knowingly, cutting straight to the point: "who was that guy that joined you and the twins in the cafe today?"

Laughing, I shook my head: "I swear, there's nothing that goes unnoticed in this town."

"True indeed, Lea," she winked, "even then you should try your best to avoid getting caught."

I nodded, thinking back to the hard slap that certainly should have taught me a lesson. But then again, it probably should have the first couple of times, not after years. Grandma seemed to notice as she put down her cutlery, ready for a serious conversation.

"Lea, darling, I was thinking.." my grandma, Daisy started, me already being aware what she was 'thinking', averting my gaze, "you know Thomas and I have decided he will move in with me."

I smiled at the thought of them finally being together: "oh, really? I am so excited for the two of you to finally make it official! Only took what? 50 years?"

"Hey, Lea, watch your mouth," Daisy laughed, "I know you have always liked Thomas's place. Since it is available now, would you like to move in?"

Grandma looked at the bag I had left nearby. I guess I made it too obvious. She knew I would never ask for help, therefore she made it out as if she was just offering me an option that was already out on the table. Which she would probably have to ring Thomas right after to let him know he is moving out. 

Grandma laughed nervously: "I would have offered this house, but I think you are past the age of living with your grandma."

"I guess it's also a benefit since the paparazzi wouldn't ask too many questions if I spent extra time in the cafe," I sighed, knowing grandma thought it all out. Thomas's place was just above the cafe, with another flat next to it that he used as an extra storage place for all of the painting my grandma collected.

"Wouldn't want to get you in extra trouble now, would I?" she shrugged, winking. 

"You know it's pretty spooky there, right?" I thought about spending a night on my own in a huge flat, giving myself the chills. 

"I guess it's good that Rose will be going with you then, huh?" Rose, my grandma's golden retriever barked as soon as her name was mentioned. I laughed, knowing grandma made it up on the spot. 

"And I guess you wouldn't mind since Thomas will keep you company anyways?" I chuckled and grandma threw a grape at me, hitting me right in the head. 

I went over, giving her a tight hug and a big smooch on the cheek: "thanks gran, love you."

She tried not to smile as she shooed me away: "now that I think about it, you and Rose share some qualities. The saliva, for example."