,TEN

TEN

two weeks passed since chenle and jisung left taeil.
the time the two boys spent with the kings, made them realize that they weren't bad people at all: poverty and desperation was what blinded them back in the 17th century. those were the things that prevented them from seeing the clear truth.

those fourteen long days were full of hard training and sweat: they would all wake up at five o'clock in the morning, train till the time of lunch and then go back to exercise till one o'clock in the morning.

the guys tiredly lay down on the ground, staring at the white ceiling, which slowly showed the weak rays of the rising sun.

«oh my... this is so tiring!»

mark whispered with the small energy left, his chest going up and down as heavy sighs escaped his lips.

the others silently agreed with the young man, trying to stand up, but failing miserably.

«c'mon stand up! we don't know when taeil is going to attack, so let's not give up now!»

taeyong stood up saying.
his leader-like tone made everyone wide awake.

the members stood up as well, while making a circle and stretching out their arms towards the center.
placing their hands one on top of the other they all screamed a loud "fighting" as they prepared to go and have a meal.

meanwhile in one of the white houses set on the main street, were a brother and a sister who just woke up from their sound sleep.

irene and kun slowly went down the stairs, heading to the kitchen, where a sweet scent of pancakes filled the large room.
behind the counter stood their parents, who got back from their journey a month ago and took the important decision to suspend the business activity for awhile, just to be next to irene, due to her condition.

the siblings sat at the table, both rubbing their eyes and yawning, as they followed the plates full of food approaching them.
after the parents sat as well, the family started eating in silence. the sound of the forks filling the kitchen.

kun stared at his sister's peaceful image: she happily ate her breakfast while humming, giggling as her eyes almost disappeared because of her full cheeks.

he sincerely smiled at her, feeling a bit guilty since a battle was about to go on soon and she was the only one oblivious about it.
although it was for her sake, the young man still felt bad about it. but both him and the other guys agreed on doing so anyways.

on top of that their parents were still suspicious about the sister: they tried to believe that she had really lived in a painting for awhile, but such an absurd story was too much. even for them.

«hey, what are you staring at?»

irene then asked mumbling, as she pointed her fork at the brother, who pinched her cheek and jokingly answered

«surely not at your ugly face, kid.»

[...]

«are you seriously going to fight them? in this era?»

johnny asked laughing.

haechan made his entrance in the office, while bringing three cups of coffee.
he then went to sit next to the artist, trying to catch up with the conversation going on with taeil.

the oldest kept a straight face, raising an eyebrow as the younger slowly stopped laughing, realizing it wasn't a joke.

«...oh hell no-»

«oh hell yes, johnny seo and you will not stop me.
the kings might not even know, but both you and haechan are aware of the fact that i was one of your creations from the 17th century too, don't you? so i have the right to establish the citizens power, wether you like it or not.»

taeil firmly said, crossing his legs and sipping his coffee.

the other two didn't know how to reply to the teacher. they actually did ignore the fact that taeil was a painting, just like with fatuma.
long lost projects that were almost no where to be found, but came back to life like nothing happened.

suddenly johnny regretted being an artist.

«it seems like you have nothing to say against my plans.
perfect.»

the man finally said proudly smiling.
he stood up from the sofa he was sitting on and bowed to the two guys, exiting the office afterwards.

after that, a sharp silence reigned in the room for about five minutes.
then johnny slammed his hand on the dark desk, his teeth gritting

«those people are really trying to mess with me!»

«why don't we let them be?
it's not our business anyway...»

haechan innocently suggested, while hugging his legs.

the older looked at him with an "are you serious?" look and sigh, as he started walking around the wide allowance.

«it is, actually.
haechan, we're in the 21st century, it is even more dangerous than in the 17th century: there'll be a lot of victims, damages, serious consequences...
many innocent people can get involved and even the authorities.
and what if they'll get us involved too? we can even get arrested for this, don't you realize?»

the taller spat out without breathing.
his tone rapidly became slightly aggressive, which made haechan scare a bit.

the younger didn't say anything, instead it seemed like he was really thinking about it: his friend wasn't wrong at all.

«then what are we going to do?»

he asked, suddenly worried about their future.

johnny on the other side wasn't really sure of what to answer, then he remembered something:

he was the creator.
the beginning and end.

a smirk appeared on his face

«i'm gonna teach those losers who's the real winner

unedited.

[...]

note: bet y'all super confused lol.
don't worry, you will love me at the end of the story :')

ty for reading this chapter and if you're interested "try again" is now out, so check it out if you'd like!

see you soon,
ZENO