05. roll in peace

listening J.I.D. and J. Cole while writing this. enjoy :)

Keith's POV

I hit the blunt once more, as Perspective by K.A.A.N. played silently in my crib. The smoke from my lips formed circles in the air.

Thunder rumbled and rain poured loudly outside. I got up from my bed and looked out my window.

"Goddamn, this weather not playin' man." I said as I put my blunt in its ashtray, and went into my kitchen to fix my dinner.

I looked at the digital clock in my kitchen, 6:53pm.

I turned on the stove and put a pan in its place. I figured I'd make use of the shrimp I bought yesterday, so I figured I'd make some shrimp fettuccine alfredo. I went into my living room to turn on my flat screen tv, changing BET to ESPN.

I heard them talking about the Sacramento Kings. "Boy if my Sacramento Kings don't win imma have to hurt somebody" I said chuckling to myself.

I walked back into the kitchen and started preparing my shrimp and my alfredo sauce. I seasoned my shrimp and put all of my ingredients for the alfredo in a big pot. I then boiled the fettuccine in a pot and let it strain as I cooked the shrimp. Soon, I finished seasoning my shrimp and sautéed them. The smell of delicious shrimp filled the apartment.

Imma eat, smoke a blunt, and go to sleep.

Today wasn't a busy day, it was pretty chill.

I mixed my cake batter, turned my oven on 350, and placed the cake batter in the pan. Once it finished preheating, I put the cake in the oven. I set the time for 20 minutes and pulled out my chocolate frosting to go along with it and put it on the counter near the oven. I pulled a plate out of my cabinets and placed it on my dining table. I got a pitcher of Kool Aid I made one day for Skylar and put it in a glass. I brought over the large pot of alfredo and fixed my plate of food.

I then started to eat while watching the basketball game.

This meal is so good, I'm glad I didn't bring the boys over so they wouldn't eat up all my food.

I finished up my plate and walked into the kitchen to wash the dishes. Finishing up the dishes my oven timer went off, signaling the cake finished baking. I hurried towards the oven and got
the cake. I turned the oven off and smelt the cake.

This cake smells like heaven. Good thing I'm the only one who'll enjoy this.

I placed the pan on the counter to cool as I heard a knock on my door.

Who the hell out here in the rain knocking on my door?

I checked my phone to see if I got any text messages. I opened up my phone to see...

2 missed calls, 4 iMessages

I looked to see who tried to call me, Y/N.

I assumed that's who was at the door, so I looked through the peep hole to see a petite, feminine figure. I open the door to see Y/N standing in a hoodie and jeans, her short hair in a small curly afro. I then noticed her face, it was tear stained as her eyes were brimmed with tears.