Chapter 26: Blossomed Rose

"Rowan, I think my water just broke," Amelia says holding the doorframe

"Rowan, I think my water just broke," Amelia says holding the doorframe. When I heard her say that, I froze. I don't know what to do or what to think. I can't move. I am just standing there, while Amelia is in pain and about to give birth to our daughter.

"What are you doing just standing there? Move!" Erik yells at me as he goes to grab his phone off his desk.

"Uh... Um... Yeah..." I continue to stand there frozen. I want to move but my legs won't.

"Are you two idiots just going to stand there?!" Amelia yells at us as I continue to do nothing.

"Rowan, you get her to the hospital, and I will call the doctor and get Belle and James." Erik runs out of the room and I run over towards Amelia. I still don't know what to do. We never talked about a plan for when she went into labor.

"Are we going to go?!"

"I uh..." Then everything goes black.

A little while later, I wake up in a hospital room. How the hell did I get here?

"See you're finally awake," a voice says as the light blinds me when I opened my eyes.

"Where am I?" I ask as soon as I see my Dad standing there.

"You are in the hospital. Amelia went into labor and you passed out. I thought you were better than this," Dad says chuckling.

"I freaked out. She is standing there in pain and I am just useless. Is she okay?" I ask sitting up in the bed and standing up.

"How about we go and find out?" Dad says handing me my jacket and phone.

"Who is with her then?" I ask slipping my jacket on.

"Belle, Erik, and Ben. They have been with her for the past 2 hours."

"2 hours?!?!"

"You were out. When I mean you were out, you were out."

"Thanks, Dad. Now let's go see her." We walk out of the room I was in, and we take the elevator to the maternity ward. I have never been more scared then now. The woman I love is giving birth to our daughter. I never thought I would have that with her, or anyone for that matter. As I walk into her room, I see her family standing around her bed. She has wires hanging out of her, and she is in pain. You can see it in her eyes.

"Hey, sorry I'm late," I say popping my head into the room.

"Just come on in. We can talk about what happened later," Belle says pushing Ben out of the way.

"Did you seriously pass out?" Ben asks trying not to laugh.

"Can we not talk about it?" Ben goes to open his mouth and Amelia interrupts him.

"Can you let him through, please? AHH!" Amelia yells from her bed.

"What was that?" I ask. I have no idea why I asked either, I already know the answer.