Chapter 27: In Memory

A few weeks have passed since Amber has been born

A few weeks have passed since Amber has been born. It is hard to believe that she is ours. Rowan and I can't believe that she is here. She is our little miracle. She pushed her parents together. If I hadn't gotten pregnant, I don't think Rowan and I would ever have admitted our feelings. I am forever grateful that we did because I would never have been this happy. Anyways, the time has come that we have to introduce Amber to the public. We aren't going to hold her out like Lion King if that is what you are thinking. We are actually going to hold a memorial service for my grandparents. Amber was named Amber in memory of my Grandma Amberly. I don't have many memories from when she was around, but from what my father told me, she was amazing. He said that she kept the family together, especially when my grandfather lost his mother. A little backstory about my grandparents...

My great grandparents were something else. Thomas, my great grandfather, was a very bitter man, but his wife Juliana was the light in my grandfather's life until Amberly came along. The marriage between the two of them was arranged, and they were not happy about it. The only good thing that came out of that marriage, was Richard. It turns out that Thomas had an affair and fathered a child, which is my great uncle Brian. Nobody has met him, because after the affair was discovered Thomas took Brian and disappeared. Juliana eventually got very sick, and Richard had taken the throne. You are probably wondering how he met Amberly, I'm getting to that. Amberly came from a very poor family. Her mother died, and her father sent her away to work and she didn't see him again for years. She met Richard when she went with the family she worked for the palace. They hit it off and next thing you know they are in love. Then she had to leave. They didn't see each other for months until one day Richard shows up. The rest is history. They get married. Then Juliana was still very sick, and one day she died. That broke Richard, she was the only thing that he had left of his loving family. He spent the next few years being angry and bitter, and that was until Amberly found out she was pregnant with my father. When my father was born, Richard found his purpose again. He turned back into himself. The rest is history. I barely remember both of my grandparents, but they were amazing people.

Later that day at the memorial, I look around and I see thousands of people here. We are bringing people together to honor my family. I know how much my parents miss them, and I know how much this means to them, especially Dad.

"I want to begin by thanking you all for coming here tonight. It has been 13 years since we lost my grandfather and 11 years since we lost my grandmother. King Richard and Queen Amberly were dedicated to the well being of our country and our family. We loved them so much, and the day they left us was the day part of our souls left as well. They were the light in our lives that guided us in the right direction. They are looking down on us now and looking down on their grandchildren, and their first great-granddaughter. Yes, daughter. Rowan and I had a little girl on May 18th and we named her in honor of Queen Amberly. Her name is Princess Amber Rose Delefonte-Martinez. In the past few weeks, we have seen her grow and I know that my grandparents are looking down and could not be more proud of our growing family. So, To family! Thank you again for coming here, and celebrate your family while they are still here." Everyone who is her lifts up a floating lantern and releases it. We watch them float up towards the clouds and I hope that my grandparents see that we still think of them each and every day. Eventually, everyone had left leaving Rowan and me with Amber. I finally feel at peace with everything that has happened. I am finally living the life that I want to live. Rowan gives me a kiss on the forehead and we watch the rest of the lanterns float away.

Little did I know, someone was looking down on us...

"My dear Amelia, you have no idea how proud I am of you. I miss you all so much, and I can't wait to see you all again."