Chapter 7

That night Justin, the enemy of my home countries people and government, slept with me in the same bed just holding me and my shaking body. His body melted into mine and mine into his. We where spooning each other making it easy to stare at him and watch his every movement, I know it sounds weird but I felt like I had some sort of a connection with him, one that made me feel all gushy and warm on the inside. I felt like I could trust him with anything I said to him, but to Zander I felt like I could never spend the rest of my life with someone who would force me into some marriage I was not totally into. Don't get me wrong but with Justin I felt like I could do anything and feel so free from all my fears and things I was so unsure of in life. I brought my hand up a pushed the little hairs that hung in his face, making his eyebrows scrunch up. I giggled at him and his light sleeperness that made him cute waking up. He stretched up his hands bumping the head board slightly, his mouth opened yawning widely, and his brown eyes opening slowly making them focus in on me.

"I was dreaming about you." he said and I slowly melted on the inside. "Why did you wake me up?" My smile faded from sight turning into slight confusion.

"What?!" I asked him wondering what he meant by that.

"Just kidding." He laughed grinning like a happy monkey when they see a banana.

"Glad to know that you wake up in a good mood." I said joking around with him. This time it was not my turn for my smile to fade. He just rolled his eyes and went on with life watching me as I got out of bed and walked over to a dresser before remembering that I couldn't get changed after all this was Justin's room and he had boxers in that part of his dresser. "So what do you want to do today?" I asked him, turning around and jumping up onto the dresser waiting for his answer.

"Well I have to go with your sister's husband and do some routine checks, so for the majority of the day you will be spending it with your sister." I nodded at his statement. It would be good to get to know my sister better as it has been years since I had last seen her, she might have changed, she might have became something different. I just hoped we still got along like we had before she was taken away. "But at lunch and dinner I will be here. Alice might teach you a few things about living down here, and how we only go up to the top floor on missions and attacks. Stuff like that." He just shrugged at bit before walking over to be placing his hands on my thighs looking into my eyes deeply. This moment gave me the time to watch his face never seeing it this close before. A rough jaw, with a long thin nose, plush pink lips, and brown eyes that made everything about him seem a little bit darker, mysterious, and secretive but also warm and fuzzy. I guess he was looking at me the same way because when the door opened Dwence walked in without a knock at the door.

"Time to get going Justin," Then he turned over to me his glance hard and cold making me wonder how Alice the cheerful girl I knew would be a wife to this man that didn't even look like a smiling baby would make him happy. "Alice will be over in a few, she is just taking a shower." Dwence said before leaving the room with a large bang to the door shutting. I nodded then turned to Justin who was still standing between my legs as I sat on the dresser. He just waved goodbye before leaving me to my own in this room.

Alice came in not to long after the boys left. Something was different about her though, her skin color was green, but she was still glowing, her eyes seemed to be sleepy ill. It scared be about what was happening to her after all this was my first interaction with her after so many years from being apart. She made her way over to me, crawling on to the bed that me and Justin shared. "Paris, I have something to tell you." I nodded waiting for what she was going to say. "I know that it has been a while since we have seen each other and I don't want to put you under any burden that would pull you down, but after taking a test and puking for the 4 day in a role whenever I wake up. I want to take a test..." She mumbled something else after 'test' leaving me to ask her about what 'test' she wanted to take.

"A pregnant one?" It almost came out as a squeal when she said the three little words. Her words were a question and it was as if I wasn't totally understanding her words.

She hands were behind her back, but as soon as she brought them out from behind her a tiny stick laid in her hands. This was a stick that would choose where her life would go, what she would do, and who she would become. This little test was everyone, she had ever touched in her life with her life, it would impact them deeply. "Can I?" I nodded knowing not to tell her no, seeing as if I did she would probably cry her eyes out, from not getting my permission. She took me by the hand and led me to the guest room containing a bathroom inside. "Wait here." A thought went through my head like 'am I a dog?' but I stayed quiet not wanting to upset her more.