Chapter 12

Kusanagi read over the information as his eyes grew wide after each sentence. 

"shit! Mikoto this is bigger than we thought. were definitely gonna have to take care of this soon." 

Mikoto grunted getting up. 

"we should probably go check on the guy downstairs." 

they both nod heading downstairs. once they got there they were greeted with what looked like a blood bath. the man was passed out cuts all over him. some deep, some shallow, some with salt in them. blood pooling on the ground, some splattered on the walls. his eyes were gouged out leaving nothing but a tail of blood down his already bloody and cut up face. 

"shit. he said it be kinder to kill him to put him out of his misery. but didn't think he meant it to this extent. he said he'd leave us with the decision." 

Mikoto sighed. 

"in this instance I'm inclined to agree. I'll do it myself, you head back upstairs." 

Izumo nodded closing the door behind him heading upstairs and back into the bar, looking over the information again. a few minutes later Mikoto came back upstairs. 

"did you do it?" 

"yeah. there's nothing left. don't worry none of your Booz got damaged." 

Izumo nodded still looking at the info. 

"so what's the stuff he got?" 

"it's all the information from what there doing to how many people they have on the job. it also looks like they're probably keeping Yuki in the same place as the drugs that they were gonna trade." 

"how much were they gonna trade?" 

"enough to make it compete cayuse in the city." 

"Geez... such a pain." 

Mikoto scratched his head in annoyance. 

"the easiest way to do this is to split up into two groups. one to rescue Yuki, the other to destroy the drugs." 

"yeah but they said there were two executives that have the power of at least 100 men." 

"that won't be a problem." 

a voice said said they turned to see Kunikida. 

"we will lend you a hand. I'll send Atsushi, Kyoka and Dazai with whoever you choose to help rescue Yuki. the remainder of us will help with destroying the drugs." 

they nod in agreement. 

"Yatagarasu!" 

Yata looked up. 

"we're counting on you. don't fail." 

Yata nodded. 

"can you tell Dazai what's going on? I'd appreciate it." 

yata started heading upstairs towards Dazai's room.

----------------------------------------------------

Dazai was sitting on the bed with his head in his hands reflecting on what he did. as well as the information he got. there was a knock on his door. 

"Kunikida if that's you wanting to talk about what happened I'm not in the mood!" 

"no it's me." 

yata replies, Dazai sighs. 

"come in." 

Yata shut the door after him taking a seat on the couch across from Dazai. 

"they sent me up to tell you that you'll be on the team with me, Atsushi and Kyoka for rescuing Yuki. the others will take care of the other stuff." 

"hmmm..." 

Dazai nodded. 

"hey, so who are you really? and don't give me some crap excuse cause I could smell the blood on you the first time you walked through the door." 

"heh, so you already had tabs on me from the first day." 

"of cores I did. but I decided to leave it alone cause I figured you had reason. and by the way Yuki was acting she probably already knew everything, so that's why I let it be. but it's different now."

 "yeah. that's fair reasoning. but how did you know the smell of blood coming off me?" 

"cause that was the smell Yuki had when I first found her." 

Dazai's eyes widened for a second, but went back to normal quickly. 

"what do you mean by that?" 

"that's not for me to tell. but you can ask her yourself. that aside, what about you? you definitely have a story to tell." 

"yeah I do. and considering yours and Yuki's relationship I feel like I can trust you with it. I used to be a executive in the port Mafia. I was known as the 'demonic prodigy'. I'm what truly is known as scum of the earth. probably even lower than that. I've killed more people than I can count." 

Dazai sighed looking up at Yata. 

"your taking this rather well. you haven't even put up a defensive stance or anything." 

"we have all types in homra. even a former member of a yakuza gang that we eliminated. homra is literally the home for those who have nothing and nowhere. that's what me, Yuki and Saru were before we came here. if anything we owe the king our lives, of course saru didn't think much of it and left after Yuki went on her journey. so despite what you may think you aren't so different from us even if you killed people." 

"Geez.... you must be crazy to say something like that." 

yata grinned at him. 

"yeah we get that a lot. anyway I better get ready for the raid, you should too. I'll meet you downstairs with the others." 

yata headed to his room. 

"right well I suppose it's time." 

he got his blood stained coat putting it on checking to see if it had all his tools in his pockets. he took his knife and headed down stairs to meet everyone.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Once he got downstairs Atsushi was already by his side. 

"you're gonna go back to your former self aren't you?" 

Dazai stopped walking staring at the floor. 

"Dazai?" 

Dazai slowly looked up to meet Atsushis eyes. 

"I'm sorry Atsushi but this time they crossed the line, this time is different." 

Atsushi saw his eyes, they were dark, cold and they promised death, suffering and insanity to any opposition. it was truly was like looking at a demon. 

"is everyone ready?" 

there was a cores of 

"yes's!" 

"alright lets go over the plan. were gonna split into two groups. one a rescue group and the other a destroy group that will burn all the drugs. Dazai will be leading the rescue group with Yatagarasu, Atsushi and Kyoka. everyone else is with the other. Anna has already found their location so that we don't have to worry about that. now let's move!" 

Dazai closed his eyes then looked at the sealing. 

'I'm sorry odasaku... but for today only, I'm gonna go back to being what I was. for this night only I will become a demon once more.' 

he looked forward with his cold gaze that held death and anger, followed the others.