Chapter one

Her eyes used to shine so bright, i always compared them to the stars she seemed so fascinated about.

Her golden brown hair, it used to be so beautifully put together, she came everyday with a different hairstyle.

Her voice, she was one quiet person, but she was funny as hell.

Now Layette Corbin couldn't be more different.

As she sat across from me at our usual round lunch table i watched her pick at her nails, her gray eyes wondering around in anxiety, her leg banging on the bottom of the table causing my lunch tray to quake.

Of course she was still beautiful, she was the most attractive human being i had ever laid my eyes on, but she was different, her long golden brown hair was now dull, there were split ends everywhere, she tucked it into her sweatshirt not allowing me to admire its length.

"Why are you so nervous?" i finally spit out.

She lays her eyes on mine and furrows her eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" she ask, her voice cracking.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." she says sternly, i decide to change the topic and i make a joke.

"Yes you are very fine." i assure her.

She glares at me and stands up from the table.

"Oh come on Layette i was trying to make you laugh." i put my hands up in defense.

"You're not funny Cullen." she points at me and keeps her face straight, for a second she reminded me of my mom giving me a lecture.

I push the disturbing thought away before apologizing.

"Okay, i'm sorry now sit down and eat."

She shakes her head.

"I'm not hungry, i'm just going to the library see you later." before i can say anything she speed walks out the cafeteria leaving me alone at the round table.

I watch her burst out through the door, i was worried, even her wardrobe changed, she was so perky now all i ever saw her wearing were t-shirts jeans and the same old pair of black converse.

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't her.

I decide to let it go, she was always moody, maybe she had her lady business, not that i know about it, but mom always says it gets girls moody, the great mother she is she told me not to mess with a moody teenage girl.

But how can Layette have her lady business everyday, since she was always moody.

Once i finish my burger i go off to the library, as planned i searched for Layette but she was nowhere, she probably wants to be alone as always.

I check out two books before going off to P.E

"Those are good books Mr andrews." i turn around to see the beautiful Layette standing in line behind me.

She wears a small smirk on her lips.

"I think you have read it 20 times already but it's good."

"23 actually." i correct her.

She rolls her eyes and grabs the book out of my hands.

"A scientific revolution." she reads.

"It's boring i take it back even the title bores me, you're such a geek." she shoves the book back into my arms and skips ahead in line.

"It's not boring, i think it's very interesting, i mean what if the author is trying to tell us something, like if aliens were real, or if there's life in other galaxies, or if we don't need to fear oblivion, then i would know and-"