Chapter three

When my eyes flutter open they land on Layette.

In her hands she held a book, the book i never thought i'd see her reading; 'a scientific revolution'

"Now i see what you find interesting." she says.

"Everything."

"No i think you find the fact that earth is slowly demolishing interesting, and the fact that science might just be the answer to everything, you see i'm not religious but i believe in God, and this book can turn that around, it explains how the earth was made in a more believable way than the bible does."

"So you have second thoughts about God?" i ask.

She shakes her head before speaking.

"Not exactly, i have my pros and cons, i just can't seem to understand, it makes it look like God didn't make the earth, but i totally respect both ways it's just.. confusing."

"You realize this chapter is based on facts we learned in like 6th grade." i mutter.

She scolds at me before shutting the book.

"So you're calling me dumb?"

"No it's your age level."

She turns to me and slaps me on the arm.

I wince a little before changing the subject.

"Anyways, are you hungry?" i ask.

"Yeah i'm starving." she put her hand on her belly and as if on cue it growls.

"I'll go make lunch."

"What are we eating?" she ask.

"What do you want?"

"Brunch!" she cheers.

I nod in agreement and skip downstairs into the kitchen.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Can you get the plates?"

She hops off the counter and grabs two plates out of the cabinet.

She sets them on the counter and grabs two cups and serves orange juice in them.

I serve the scrambled eggs and pancakes on the plain round plates.

She grabs both plates and set them on the dinner table.

"You should cook for me everyday Cullen."

I smile in response and dig into my food after i get comfortable in my seat.

She grabs the syrup drowning her pancake in a pool full of the gooey stuff, i scrunch my face in disgust ignoring her rude remark on how i eat my pancakes plain.

We eat in silence and exchange awkward glances once in a while until we both finish.

"You cook good." she compliments.

I shrug, mom thought me well.

"I'll do the dishes you go watch tv okay?" she says.

I hesitate but decide to let her have her way.

"Okay." i agree with a smile.

She skips toward the kitchen and starts to wash the plates.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"I'll see you later okay?"

"Yeah drive safely." i call out to Layette who was borrowing my car to go visit her dad.