Chapter 3 - Retirement part 2

~~~ Two and a Half years prior

When the ten Reptiles lifted their weapons he snarled, "Get ready for a fight. Activate weapons and if fired on defend yourself." *Mila, not good meeting. Tell the Admiral to get the ship out of here.* He wasn't more dominant than she was but he made it an order she had to follow. He knew she would since she had kittens to protect. She might only recently have become pregnant, but it would impact on her and her cat.

The moment one of the reptiles fired the marines almost seemed to go nuts unless you knew what to look for. They were able to use their intercoms even though comms with the ship had been lost when the landing bay doors shut. They'd just realized it when the reptiles started firing. It was one of the reasons he'd used the bonds. As of yet they'd never found anything which could block them except maybe the Fae. They so rarely got involved it was a general assumption.

"Squad A attack, B secure the passage at the other end of the hanger, C stand back and as needed use your heavy weapons. Conserve ammo, use single shots, or blades if possible. Try and keep one or two alive. Shuttles, only use your weapons as needed for the moment." They'd scanned the entrance to the hanger bay and weren't sure they'd be able to damage the doors enough to escape.

The reptiles were caught completely off guard. They were used to other species giving in quickly after one or two were shot. When they fired and it didn't seem to have any effect on the bots. They assumed they were bots since they'd never seen combat armor before. In their section of the galaxy most species had been pacified. For those who weren't there were special troops who dealt with them. They knew little about them other than they were trained specifically to pacify.

<Use heavy rounds. Disable the bots so we can get to the new species. Take no prisoners. Shoot to destroy them.> He bellowed in their language. They didn't have a great deal of luck since the Marines went through them like a not knife through butter. The reptiles didn't have any armor which could stand up to what the Marines had. When the Marines figured it out, they changed to their blades and it was a bloody mess. There was hardly any resistance due to the enhanced muscles and new blades.

The new blades were similar to the new battle armor though not compressed nearly as much. When the edge was sharpened it was sharper than an obsidian blade. Whatever they were using for armor was little better than their unpowered medium armor. There simply wasn't any comparison. In less than five minutes there was only one left who'd been tossed against a wall and knocked out.

"Strip the bodies of everything and toss them in the recycler and see if there is some way to clean the blood off the floor and walls. Pile all the weapons off to one side and..." He stumbled as the ship shuddered which forced everyone to activate the clamps on their armor boots. There were several more shudders which he could only guess was an attack from the ship or fighters. Once the shudders faded, he started handing out commands again.

"As I was saying pile the weapons and any electronics off to one side. Find every possible entrance-exits to the hanger bay. As each is identified see if you can find a way to secure them. I don't want to try welding them unless we have no choice. Team A start doing that. Team C set up several heavy weapons positions and keep watch. Shuttles keep your heavy weapons hot but don't use them without a very good reason." He headed to the heavy shuttle and frowned when he found Danal inside and he had to sigh and roll his eyes.

"Try and identify any and all surveillance ports. Once Identified I want them secured and disabled. Try not to break more than needed. I'd hate to break something we might need later."

When the fighters came out of stealth and started shooting the ship up the Queen would have been shocked if she could have felt it. Much like the other contact they'd tried to localize they seemed to almost come out of nowhere. She wanted to know what the hell they were using. Missiles, rail guns, and some energy weapon she wasn't familiar with. They were doing a massive amount of damage to the hull. She hadn't had an expectation of any sort of reaction like they were showing. If she'd realized what sort of reaction they might have, she would have brought her ship to a higher level of readiness.