taken || michael clifford

I was worried as fuck. She had been missing for exactly 117 days. Every day it hurts a little bit more. Nobody even fucking knows where she went last. And it’s my entire fault.

Jasmine fucking Daniels. Friends since birth. Everything we did, we did together. We were in our little group. Me, her, Ash, Calum and Luke. Then I started to date this girl, I can’t even remember her name. She was popular, meaning I became popular too. Slowly Jaz and I drifted apart.

Whatever her name is broke up with me, but I was still popular. I tried to befriend Jaz again but it never seemed to work out. I dated nearly half the school year, trying to forget about Jasmine but I never could.

For two years we hardly spoke. The teachers asked her to tutor me for maths, since I was shit at it. Every week she’d open up to me a little more.

We were in my living room. She looked amazing in her casual Nirvana jumper and skinny jeans. She was in the middle of algebra when I told her I missed her. She completely ignored me and went back to the book. We got into a little argument and she stormed out. She left everything. Her phone, her bag, and her cute geeky glasses. They’re beside me now.

After five minutes I went out to look for her, but her car keys weren’t in her bag so I thought she had gone home. The next day she didn’t come into school. 

“Its fine Michael, it’s probably just a coincidence. She left her stuff at your house right? She’s going to come back for them, I know she will.”

Nearly four months later, she hasn’t come back.

If I had just kept my mouth shut, this wouldn’t have happened. It was late, nearly 11. She only lived ten minutes away by car. I wanted to drive her home, make sure she got there safe.

Well done Michael. She must be extremely safe now.

I was given advice.

“Try to forget about her, Michael.”

“Keep hoping she’ll come back,”

“Don’t worry about her, dude!”

This is the last thing I’m going to try.

Write everything down, every single thing I remember happened.

And I’m going to start, right from when it went wrong.