Chapter I: Welcome To Hell

An Internal Affliction

Chapter I: Welcome To Hell

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Here's your schedule, locker number and combination and there's also someone already waiting outside to show you around. Good luck and welcome" the registrar smiled at me 

Am I nervous? You ask,

Fuck yes

"Mackenzie Hart?" A red head asked me

"Yeah"

"Oh hi! I'm Lily, your tour guide" We shook hands and she led me down the hall

"Okay, so this is your locker, #23. And your first class is Physics, it's in room 108 right there on your left and Christ! we're both running late, I'll see you in an hour, Mackenzie" I waved goodbye and went inside the room she told me.

As I turned the knob, I realized that this is my first time to be in a classroom... And I was greeted by a lot of curious faces and ones looking at me from head to toe. I mustered up a small smile and walked to the vacant chair at the back.

"HI! I'm Reed" 

"Mackenzie" 

Reed looked like a typical high school jock, or at least how they describe jocks in the books I read,buff looking body, school varsity jacket and I'm not even going to lie, he's good looking. 

"What school are you from?" He asked

"I was home schooled"

"Ah, so all of this is new to you, then?"

"Exactly"

"At least you've already made a friend, right?" He winked at me and I swear to God if looks could kill, the girls inside the room could've killed me already.

Physics passed by in a blur, I wasn't actually focused, all I can remember is introducing myself and that the teacher's name is Robert...

Wait, no I think it was Ronald, okay maybe I don't remember that either but now it's time to meet up with Lily again.

"Hey Mackenzie, how was your first class of the year?" 

"It was okay...and uhm, maybe you can just call me Mack or Rae because I find Mackenzie as quite a long name"

"Okay then, Mack. Let's go grab some snacks"

>>Cafeteria<<

"Lily, can I ask you a question"

"Sure"

"Who are those girls over there?" I pointed tp the girls from my physics class

"Well, the one in white is the principal's daughter, her name's Brit, the one in blue is Georgie, her best friend... Why do you ask?"

"They've been looking at me like I'm a meal since physics"

"Do you recall doing anything to them?"

"No, all I basically did was talk to this guy beside me" 

"Oh cool, what's his name?"

"Reed" As soon as his name came out of my mouth, Lily dropped her french fry

"As in Reed Ellis?" She asked,her eyes wide

"I don't know his last name, why? What's wrong?"

"Is that the guy?" She ignored my question and pointed to--- Reed

"Yeah, that's him" Reed saw us looking and waved at me, so I waved back

"Reed Ellis is the captain of the basketball team, the only ones he actually talks to are his team mates, his coach and teachers. Maybe that's why Brit wants to eat you alive."

"Oh okay, I get it."

"Just don't get too close to him, though...He's also quite a heartbreaker"

"I don't plan on it"

"Good."

"Hey, I've been looking for you everywhere" A guy suddenly came up to our table and kissed Lily on the cheek.

"Mack, this is Collin, my boyfriend. Collin this is Mack, my new friend" I smiled at him and wondered why the hell he looks so familiar to me.

"So you're the new girl,huh?" 

"Yup, any tips for survival?" I joked

"Nothing really, but I would like to say... welcome to hell"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------