Chapter 4

"Hey, you'll be good on the bus right? I am going to go off for a bit." Ratty says looking at me. Everyone just finished cleaning up the set and wanted to go explore the town.

I nod my head, "I might run and get some coffee in a bit." I respond.

"That's fine, just be at on the bus by 1 am. I'll be back around 12!" Ratty says, turning around and hopping off the bus, leaving me with a few stragglers. I glance down at my watch, 10 pm on the face.

I grab a coat from my bunk and exit the bus. The streets are oddly awake for how late it is. I shove my hands in my pockets to keep them out of the cold. I look around, taking in the beauty of the town. The crazy part is, I'm still not exactly sure where I am at. I know one of the boys mentioned it earlier but my adrenaline was so high, it's slipped my memory. I start to look at signs, trying to clue together where I am at. The road signs seemed to be in another language, Maybe German?

I continue to walk until I finally come across a warm looking coffee bar. I open the door, the thought of Germany still on my mind. I look at the menu, lots of drinks with names I can't understand. I walk up to the friendly but tired looking cashier. Her hair was a bit frizzy, and she was wearing a creme colored apron, she looked to be about my age as well.

"Hi sorry, I uh don't understand the menu... Do you speak English by chance?"

She smiles at me kindly, "Yes I do, I can help with the sign, are you looking for a coffee or tea?" She asks, her accent making me (almost) swoon.

"coffee please."

"Dark, Light, or medium?"

"Dark please."

".. And for flavor, we have lots, we have a Juniper earthy flavor, lavender, pumpkin, vanilla, and a chocolate like one."

"I'll have the Juniper one please, I a large too," I say, realizing just how tired I did feel. She smiled at me kindly, eyes lingering a bit.

"And this is probably going to sound like an insane question, but where exactly am I?" I ask, smirking nervously at how odd it sounded.

"You're in Hanover love." She says, "And what's your name?" She asks grabbing a pen.

"Uh, Kaydence. Thank you for all your help. How much do I owe you?" I say, starting to grab my money that was shoved in my pocket.

"This is on me, you look like you need it."

"No please, let me pay," I say.

"No, it's okay, It's on me! You look like you need it." I chuckle, nodding my head slightly, if I look as tired as I feel, she's probably right. My body ached for some caffeine and a warm beverage.

"Here you go Kaydence, I hope you get some rest soon." She says chuckling. I thank her and turn around to find a table. I glance around the room, my eyes catching on a big curly mess of black hair.

"No way-"I say under my breath as the hair bobs up, Brian looking up from his drink. I quickly avert my eyes, starting towards the door.

"Hey wait, Kayt- Kaydence?" Brian calls out, a little uncertain on my name still. I stop and turn to him slowly, smiling a little. He gestures for me to come over, so I do, heart beating just a little bit faster with every step I take.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything". I say as he gestures to a seat across from him. He had a little journal with him and a big cup of tea.

"I should be saying that to you!" Bri says chuckling. An air of silence following, the coffee shops music seeming a bit loud.