1/18/2019

To preface: this dream I saw from a first-person perspective, which is rare for me. I wasn't me though I saw it from someone else's eyes. That someone else was Steve Rogers, funny enough. What makes this dream stand out to me is the fact that I saw myself, which is rare for anybody to do in their own dream. I looked in a store window and saw Steve staring back at me. It really was a trip and a half. 

I am Steve Rogers, going into the city on public transportation. I get off the train and head up the stairs to wait on a bench. I take out my phone, but nothing really interests me. I look around, and smile as who I'm waiting for walks towards me.

Thor beams at me, dressed in warm but stylish clothes. He comes up to me and offers me a hand.

"Ready for our day as tourists, my friend?" he asks. I have to look up at him when he talks. It's a welcome change from looking down on everyone all day. My neck gets sore sometimes.

We walk for a while down the street. It's colder than I expected. I usually don't get cold, so I didn't bring a jacket.

"Are you cold, Steve?"

He looks down at me, eyes twinkling.

"I'll be fine, thanks," I say back.

"You know, I don't really ever get cold. This jacket was a gift from Jane, back when we first met. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I didn't need it."

Before I could say anything, he takes it off and drapes it around my shoulders. My face gets hot.

"Thanks."

We go into a shop. It's wide open, with small circular racks of clothes. He disappears into the back of the shop, and I look around. He'd mentioned wanting new pants for a while, so I start looking for some. None of the fabrics feel right against my calloused fingertips.

I finally find a pair that looks like it would fit. I take it to the counter to buy it. I feel a large hand on my shoulder and turn.

"What's this?" Thor's face is quizzical.

"Oh, I, uh, just wanted to get you a new pair of pants. You know, you've been talking about it for a while."

He smiles down at me.

"Thank you, sweetheart," he says, and I roll my eyes. I still smile. He still doesn't realize that sweetheart is something saved for romantic couples. It feels nice all the same.

I hand the girl behind the counter my credit card as Thor walks away again.

"You and your boyfriend are so cute!"

"Thank you!" he booms from across the room. I sigh. I don't bother correcting her.

We walk for a while. The street is lined with restaurants. We walk through a long hall filled with smaller places to eat. It feels like we walk for a long time but pass the same places again and again. Places that serve donuts, meatballs, burgers, pasta, everything you can imagine.

"What are you in the mood for?" I ask.

He shrugs.

I huff out a sigh. I stomp along behind him, but I trip over a crack in the floor. He grabs my arm. His hand feels big on my elbow. We don't let go of each other.

The stores we pass are slowly getting weirder. There's a clown outfit store. I ignore it, because Thor is still holding my arm. We walk up and down the street. He doesn't let go. I don't want him to.