Chapter 2

"Gumi-chan!" Miku yelled from the other side of the school grounds. Gumi looked up from her book and nodded at Miku. 

Miku and Gumi didn't know each other very well. Miku was very popular in school, and Gumi was just any other student. Miku motioned her over, and Gumi was surprised. What would a popular girl want with her?

Gumi nervously walked over to Miku's side and saw Miku and her best friend Luka together. 

"Hey girl~!" Miku said in her enthusiastic voice. Luka just looked at Gumi harshly, like she was judging her for some reason.

"So, you're friends with Rin Kagamine, correct?" Miku asked. Gumi nodded her head, facing away from Luka.

"Well, we want you to do a favor for us!" Miku said. Miku pulled out her smartphone and showed Gumi a picture of Rin and a familiar looking boy..

Oh! It was Piko Utatane. Piko Utatane was very unpopular, but he had good looks. He gave off a "Go near me and I'll kill you vibe." which drove students away from him. So why was he with Rin?

"Gumi, we want you to print out these pictures at your dad's job. He works at a printing store, right? So can you make like..9 or 10 copies?" Miku asked.

Gumi was getting uncomfortable. Why did Miku want 9 or 10 copies of this seemingly private photo?

"Um..sure thing!" Gumi said.

"Ok! See you on Monday!" Miku and Luka walked off together. That was very strange, but Gumi didn't think much of it. Maybe Miku knew Rin and Rin wanted those pictures? But even so...

Gumi shook off the thought as she hurried to class.

* * *

It was lunch time and Gumi sat down with Rin. But, weirdly enough, Piko was with her and they were chatting away.

"Um..." Gumi said. Rin turned around and saw Gumi looking confused.

"Oh, uh..." Rin began. She turned to face Piko who was facing the other direction, and turned back to Gumi.

"Can we be alone this period?" Rin asked. Gumi just nodded as she went to look for another seat. Rin mumbled out a "sorry" and continued talking to Piko.

Gumi looked around the lunch room. Gumi always sat with Rin, so she didn't really know where else to go.

But then, Gumi spotted Len sitting with a group of his perverted aqquantances. 

"Yeah and did you see her? She was sooo cute!" Said a boy sitting at Len's table. Len nodded his head aggressively and chattered on about some girl that he saw somewhere.

"Hey guys, can I sit with you?" Asked Gumi. The boys turned around to see Gumi standing there. All of them looked shocked.

"O-oh, go ahead!" Said one of them. Gumi sat down next to a scared Len while the boys whispered to each other quietly. 

"Um...Gumi..?" Len asked. Gumi looked at him, with a smile.

"...Wh-"

"Oh it's nothing! I had nowhere to sit, so I figured I'd sit here~!" Gumi said.  Len nodded, obviously confused. Why was Gumi talking to him now? This was the second time!

Gumi and Len ate silently until the bell rang. Everyone else at the table quickly gathered their things and left the cafeteria, and which left Gumi and Len alone together. 

"So..." Len said, breaking the silence as they walked together. 

"How...are things?" Gumi asked. Len suddenly made a sharp inhale.