Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

LOVE LETTER

There comes a time when you felt like staying asleep at home than just standing there, eyes wide open for almost 15 minutes waiting for nothing but your badass teacher who already get used to being oh-so-late. ‘Curse her!’ she brutally could have killed her teacher mentally. The precious minutes were so wasted.

‘Like, who did pay for her service?! Psh,’ she rolled her eyes to her classmates.She watched them do stuffs to kill the boredom like texting, playing the PSP or iPod, blabbering about something she doesn’t care, Oh, they might as well criticized the girl from across who’s been busy reading her notes. Come on! Get a life!

She decided to take a seat at the stairs next to her smarty classmate who’s alone the time being. She wonders why she doesn’t have close friends yet. But to think that she also had the same circumstance as hers, she just laughs with that thought. Her eyes landed on her lap in which a piece of paper was resting on it. She was reading it while smiling. ‘Is she crazy?’ she thought.

“What’s that?” she asked out of her curiosity. The woman was startled for she quickly folded the paper and hid it on her side. Portia gave her a furrowed look then a raising eyebrow when she finally caught her eyes.

With mouth open, about to say something, she swiftly sighed hard when she realized it was just Portia. “Oh. My. God. You startled me Vera Cruz,” she said while placing her hand to her chest. She looked relieved now, ‘Vera Cruz? She just called me by my family name.’ Portia gave her a faint smile.

“Now, you’re making this awkward. Just call me Portia, okay? So, what was your first name?” she asked. A hand was already right in front of her classmate as a gesture of getting-to-know you. The woman accepted it, “Oh—sorry, I’m Libby,” they shook hands and swap smiles.

“It’s a pleasure to meet the smart girl in class. Sorry about earlier, startling you. I-I was just curious about you with that smile painted all over your face while reading a piece of paper,” she said directly. The girl merely gave her genuine smile and lifts the letter, unfolding it. She does look so modest and very lady-like.

“Oh, this one. It’s just a love letter,” she chuckled while Portia couldn’t help but wonder about what love letter was but it occurred to her having a memory about her receiving a piece of paper that she never thought was an effin-love letter. Like, who would ever think somebody’s been attractive to her?She was just too plain, simple and reserve type of girl with a scowling look given to every person she doesn’t know and doesn’t care to know.

Then there was a freaking flashback of her middle years when she keeps on running towards the school gate since the bell rang eternally. “Portia!” keeping her dash, she suddenly halted. She turned back and found a childhood friend running after her. She was definitely panting while trying to reach a hand to receive something she’s holding.