Chaper 6

I've been crying in the arms of Brooke for the past 45 minutes. At this point I'm just forcing tears out. Brooke starts to stroke my hair.

"Your hair is so soft angel." That is not Brooke's voice. I fling my head up to see Draven. I shove him away from me.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!?!" I demand.

"Are you serous? Or clueless?" Draven replies.

"Where is Brooke?"

"Asleep. She's been like that for about an hour."

"So basically I've been crying in the arms of a demon for the past 45 minutes, and how did you make that work?"

"Long story. It was painful."

"Broken nose?"

"No." I pick up a book and throw it at him. It hits him directly in the face, and he falls backwards.

"Now it is."

"OOWWW. Angel... that really hurt." He starts rubbing his nose.

"FUCKING DEMON!!! I'M GOING TO KICK YOUR ASS!" Brooke comes barging into my room, almost breaking down my door. She kicks Draven in the face, and ties him down. "SAM!! He didn't hurt you, did he?" I shake my head.

"He's not very scary. Just more of an idiot." I reply.

"HEY!!" Draven shouts.

"So what do you think we should do? Pry his teeth out? Rip off his finger nails?" Brooke asks.

"I've got a better idea, break the horns. They take about 150-200 years to regrow." a male voice says.

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!?! AND HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET INTO MY HOUSE?!?!" Brooke demands.

"Dad?" I ask.

"DAD?!?! WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED OF THIS CRUCIAL INFORMATION?!?!"

"Desman Sanders. Pleasure to meet you." He bows his head.

"You're the reason why Sam's an angel?" Brooke asks. He nods his head.

"Well take your place! I'm the overprotective friend."

"I'm the overprotective father. I win." I smack my hand against my forehead.

"Good grief you guys." I say. Draven tries to escape the ropes, but my father puts a stop to it.

"You're not going anywhere."

"Ooww."

"Ok that's enough. Let the poor guy go. I think he's learned his lesson." I untie his ropes, and he sits up straight. "I'll agree to keep you untied, if you agree to stop being a pain in the ass." He groans.

"Fine." Brooke smacks him in the back of his head.

"Say it like you mean it."

"I agree!" Draven rubs his head.

"Good. Now... can I get some sleep?" I ask. The three of them leave the room, and I crawl into bed. I'm out for the rest of the day.

"Sam, it's time to wake up." my father says gently shaking me. I open my eyes to see the gentle smile from my father. "I brought you some breakfast." He hands me a tray with some apple juice, scrambled eggs, and some hash browns. I smile.

"Thanks dad."

"Not a problem angel." He pats my head.

"By the way... where are we?"

"In our new home. You looked really tired so I didn't want to disturb you. I got all your important things, and made sure that this place would be cozy for us to call home."