Chapter 5

The bright light has subsided and and I'm squeezing Draven's hand. He lets out a small chuckle. He drifts away, still holding my hand, and brings me to a small orb. It's glowing with a blue shine. He hands it to me.

"These are the memories of your mother and father, some of your memories might be in there too." I take the orb and I'm pulled into the memories of my mom and dad.

Roselyn's POV:

I'm in a bar, alone and broken. My boyfriend is incredibly abusive and very controlling. I managed to get away from that house... but I know he'll find my soon. My head falls on the table. Why? Why do I stay with him? I want to cry.

"What's wrong? A beautiful woman like yourself shouldn't be hurt." a soft male voice asks. I look up at see a brown haired, blue eyed, pale skinned man. He takes a seat. I was so lost in his eyes I didn't realize that he found the bruise on my head that my boyfriend gave me.

"I'm alright. I just hit my head on my desk at work." I reply trying to make him drop his suspension.

"It's definitely not self inflicted. But it doesn't look like an accident either." Shit. He tilts his head back, and gives me a bit of a more serious expression. "Now I'll ask again... what happened?" His tone is deeper. It's terrifying. I look and the table and a tear runs down my cheek. Before I can even process anything, I'm being hugged by this man and we're on the roof of the building. I give in, and tell him everything.

"I don't know why I stay. I have so many opportunities to leave... but I stay!"

"Sometimes people stay because they want the one they love back." He wipes the tears from my face. His hand rests on my cheek. His hand is soft. He leans closer to me and his lips meet mine.

The next morning I find myself in a bed that's not mine. I'm wearing a white dress, white stockings, and a silver ring. I see Desman standing in the doorway, he's wearing a grey suit, and holding a tray with some food and coffee. He has a soft smile on his face.

"Good morning Miss Roselyn." Desman says.

"Please don't call me that. Roselyn is fine." I reply. He hands me the tray of food and I start eating.

"How's your head?" Desman asks.

"It doesn't hurt at all." I reply. I finish my food, and we sit on the bed talking for hours. We only stop when my phone goes off. Oh shit! Mason!! "I'm sorry, but I have to go!" I get my things and bolt out the door. As expected when I get home, I'm beaten for cheating on Mason. I plead for him to forgive me. He only lets me go when he leaves for work. I get up and go for a walk. I run into Desman in the park, and despite my every being of my nature telling me it's a bad idea, we talk more.

After some time, we made this a regular thing. We would go somewhere and talk. Maybe grab some food or something. But I never worked up the courage to tell him that I'm pregnant with his child... until today.

"Desman, I have something I need to tell you."

"What is it my angel?" His words are like daggers to my heart.

"I'm pregnant... and it's yours." My head falls and I expect the worst possible reaction from him, but instead he hugs me.

"I swear to god... I'm going to protect you and this child from that asshole." Desman says with determination. We arrange plans for what to do. Before we can finalize anything... Mason finds us. The two of them get into a fight, Mason brought a gun and shoots Desman in the gut. I'm knocked out and dragged away.

A few months later and my daughter is born. Mason has made it absolutely clear that he despises her. I never heard from Desman ever since that day. But he told me something that I couldn't forget even if I tried. He's an angel, sent for an unknown reason. I know he's watching over the two of us, and I know he'll protect her.

Desman's POV:

I was helped by other angels, when I was left to bleed out. They were sent to find me, I was sentenced for a bunch of things that I never did. Well... most of them at least. It's highly illegal for a supernatural being to mate with mortals. I got news that my daughter was born a few years ago. I'm finally proven innocent, and I'm allowed to be somewhat apart of her life. I'm allowed to be in a hollow form. Meaning I'm only allowed to be seen by her and some given others. That son of a bitch killed my angel. I'm not letting him do anything to Sam. I go see her. She has my hair, her mother's face, her mother's beauty, and my eyes. I hold her in my arms.

"D-daddy." I want to start crying.

"Yes, yes my baby angel." I kiss her forehead. She's just like her mother. I want to fulfill my promise, I couldn't keep her mother safe, and I don't want to make the same mistake of leaving. I want to be there for her, I want to protect her, I want to raise her, but I know I'm unable to, for if I do... I'll be killed. It breaks my heart to have to do this. I put her in bed and rock her to sleep.

Sam's POV

It's my first day at school. Ever. I'm scared. I don't know what to do. I was always mocked for having an "imaginary friend." But I know he's real! He's name is Desman, and he's my best friend! He treats me well, and feeds me when dad is away at work. Since dad is at work, Desman gets me ready and walks me to school.

"Desman. I'm scared! I don't wanna go!!" I'm crying. He hugs and comforts me.

"You'll be alright angel. I'll be right by your side. I promise." Desman says. He wipes away my tears and walks me to school. He opens the door and I walk inside. There's a bunch of people here. I don't like it!! I'm lead out of the crowd by Desman. "Go play. I'll get everything set up over there."

"Ok." He walks away, and I look at all the kids. I find a corner and sit in it. I feel out of place. All the sudden a young girl gets dragged into the area I'm in and gets kick inside. She has short brown hair, green eyes, and wearing some blue shorts and a red shirt. She tumbles to the floor, and the man walks away. I stand up and walk over to her. "Ummm... are you ok?" She sits up, and looks at me.

"Yeah. This sort of thing happens often! I'm Brooke! What's your name?" Brooke says extending her hand.

"I'm Sam. It's nice to meet you." I reply. I take her hand and help her up.

"I've got a pretty good feeling that you and I are gonna get along well! Know anybody else here?" I shake my head. "Oh well! Let's have fun!!" She pulls me away from the gate and we start playing together. We bond quickly, and when it's the end of the day we wave to each other and walk back to our homes.

After some time at school, people seem to be getting a little worried about me. They keep asking me about Desman. What he's like and what he looks like. Why are people asking me these questions? It's making me scared. I'm taken to a church, and something is done on me. I never saw my father after that.

PRESENT DAY!! (Finally)

I'm brought out of the memories and I see my father standing in front of me. He looks happy. I run and hug him. I start crying.

"It's ok, Sam. I'm right here." my father says.

"Come home. I want you with me!" I clutch his shirt as I beg him to stay.

"I'll try my best to convince the court that I'm truly innocent and able to take care of you. I promise." A bright light shines behind him. "I'm sorry, angel. I must go." He kisses the top on my head, lets me go and walks towards the light. I try to run after him but a wall blocks me.
"Wait! No!! Please!!! Dad!!!" I'm crying for him to come back. He turns around to face me, and gives me his soft smile.

"I love you angel." Just like that he's gone, and I'm back in my room at Brooke's house. She above me worried about me.

"SAM!!! WHAT HAPPENED?!?! WHAT DID THAT DEMON DO TO YOU?!?!" Brooke demands.

"I met my real father." I reply. Her expression turns to complete shock. I start crying wanting him to return. She hugs me and we stay like this for quite some time.