Part 3

Cyrus' POV

I enter the Spoon and see Andi and Buffy sitting in a booth, waiting for me.

"Hey," Buffy says as I sit down across from her and Andi. "New jacket?" she asks.

I realize I'm wearing TJ's jacket. I didn't notice which coat I put on when I left the house.

"Uh, yeah," I say, dismissing the question. "What are you guys talking about?" I ask.

"I have good news," Andi announces. "Bowie said I could bring some friends to the lodge with us."

"That's great!" I say. "Who all is coming?"

"Buffy, Jonah, you—"

"Awfully presumptuous of you to think I haven't made plans."

"You have plans?"

"No, I'm kidding. Of course I'm coming!"

Andi smiles. "And . . . Amber."

"You invited Amber?" Buffy chimes in.

"We were hanging out and she asked what I was doing over the long weekend. And besides, she's actually fun to be around."

"Right," Buffy says. "Well, she's not horrible, I'll give you that."

"I call that I win," I say.

"Anyway," she goes on, "since we're not having our movie marathon over the break, do you guys want to come over tonight to have a mini marathon?"

"Yeah, definitely," Andi replies.

"Great! Cyrus?"

"Of course," I say, then correct myself. "Wait, I can't. I'm hanging out with someone else."

"What?" Buffy responds. "With who?"

I hesitate. Buffy's not exactly the biggest fan of TJ, so I don't know how she'll react.

"TJ," I finally answer.

"Oh. What are you guys doing?"

"He invited me to his house to watch a movie."

"So you're skipping our movie night for one with TJ."

"You're not mad, are you?"

"No," she says. "It's just unexpected. Tell TJ not to show you any scary movies," she teases.

"Haha. We're actually watching a documentary."

"Really?" She looks surprised. "He must really like you."

I smile at that. For some reason it makes me feel warm, and suddenly I'm worried that my face could be red. Thankfully, Buffy and Andi get distracted by a text Andi recieves from Jonah.

"Jonah's almost here," she reads out. "He wants us to order a strawberry milkshake for him."

She stops the next server who passes by and does just that.

____________________________

TJ's POV

As soon as the doorbell rings, I jump up from the couch to get to the door. Wait, should I wait a second before answering? I don't want him to think I was waiting by the door for him to show up. Although that is what I did . . .

"Hey!" I say after opening the door.

"Hey," Cyrus responds. "Can I come in?"

"Right, yeah, of course."