seven

Ariana's POV

I had a dumb award show to go to in a few days and I was actually pretty nervous to ask Mia if she would go with me. I knew I couldn't get through it alone, and she always made me feel better. and it'd be fun to have someone to make fun of all the other celebrities with. She wouldn't have to walk the red carpet or anything with me, oh god no, that shit is torturous and I knew she wouldn't be comfortable. I just wanted her to sit with me during the show and keep me company.

We had just got to her apartment from her guitar class and I had my head laid in her lap as I watched her play some kind of video game, I don't remember what it was called but it appeared she was winning. I took my phone out and made a small video of us and I saved it to my phone. She paused the game after realizing I was quiet for a too long.

"Okay what's going on in that little pretty head of yours?"

I repositioned myself so I was kind of straddling her lap in a way and I put my arms around her neck. "it's dumb and you're gonna say no."

She raised an eyebrow, "well can I know what it is before I say no?"

I bit my lip. "ugh fine, I have to go to a dumb award show on Sunday and I was wondering if you'd be my date." before she could reply I began to speed up my talking. "and before you say no, you won't have to walk any red carpets, or be there when I have to do awkward ass interviews. I just want you there to keep me company, and we can make fun of the snobby celebriti-"

She cut me off from my rambling, "Ari shut up, yeah I'd love to be there, if that's what you want."

I grinned at her and pushed us back onto the bed in excitement, so I was now straddling her torso. We stared at each other for a good few minutes in silence.

"So who am I gonna be with when you're up performing or when you have to leave to accept an award?" she asked breaking the silence.

I got off of her and laid beside her, "don't you mean if I win an award."

"nope because I know you're gonna win." she kissed my head and walked out to the kitchen to get some food.

How did I get so fucking lucky? I can't wait till she asks me to be hers, for some reason I feel like it'll be soon.

Mia's POV

"I'm not wearing this." I said looking at myself in the mirror, I was at Ariana's house the awards were in three days and she had her designer over.

I could see Ariana creep over through the reflection and she put her arms around my torso. "Aww but you look so cute!" I looked at the mirror in disgust, somehow this girl got me in a black short dress.

"No dresses."

She rolled her eyes and went over to the clothing rack her designer had out, humming as she pushed by hangers.

I met her on the other side of clothing rack and we had pushed through so many hangers we were at the end of the selections, she suddenly started bursting out in laughter.

"I'm sorry, but I never thought I'd see the day when you'd be in a dress."

I threw my hands up and groaned, quickly heading to the bathroom to change back into my clothes.

"Wait ladies, I think I might have something." the flamboyant designer dramatically entered the room with the hanger in the air. On it was a short sleeved black cuffed button down. "just tuck it in some black jeans and voila, a look! it's similar to your style, no?"

"I love it."

Ariana clapped, "yay finally!"

It was now the day of the award show; Ariana had been upstairs in her room for glam for hours and I was ready in the living room, playing with the dogs. I heard the sound of heels clicking on the marble staircase and I turned my attention, walking over to the end of the staircase. Holy shit.