【日本へようこそ!】

He ran out as fast as his legs allowed. He had not finished reading the letter, but with just a few words and a few lines, his heart had turned over and exploded in excitement, making him get up and run to the airport, hoping he could get there in time.

He had distanced himself, because he was sure it was the right thing to do. He had decided that he would let his friend leave, that he would disappear from his life, and although he knew perfectly well that not seeing him again would destroy his soul and leave him empty for what was left of his life, he would do it because he was sure it was the best thing to do.

He had not even been able to go to the airport to say goodbye, he was perfectly aware that they would break down in front of Eiji, he and his tortured soul would be shattered, and there, with the pieces of himself, he wouldn't know if he would be able to let him go. They were opposites, incompatible with each other and unable to live together in the same world, such as the moon and the sun.

He would yearn for the longed-for eclipse in his soul.

But, when he read the letter, he believed that he could really have a quiet life, and more importantly, a life with the person he most appreciated by his side. He felt that dream life escaping from his hands, and ran to reach it. Japan would be a world completely different from what he knew, with no blood on his hands, no guns on his side and no gangs on the road. He could know the country in which Eiji was born, and perhaps get some Japanese dishes that didn't revolt his stomach. In thousandths of seconds, a lot of scenarios passed through his head, giving him more motivation to reach the flight. He imagined himself with Eiji, walking through the streets of Japan and touring the cities, learning the idiom and getting to know his partner's family.

It was when he saw the striking red paint the pavement, when he realized that the emotions had left him blind, and that so many images had clouded his head.

One shot, and Lao was lying on the ground.

The papers of the letter scattered on the ground, and with his blood spilling, he watched how the world insisted, once again, to destroy their hopes and illusions.

He understood immediately.

Picking up the papers, he understood. He would never stop putting the people he loved in danger. His existence was cursed, no matter what he did, he was irreparable and would always bring disgrace to those around them, no matter how important they were to him.

Skipper, Griffin, Shorter...

The last thing he wanted in this life, was Eiji joining the long list of his misfortunes. He would never forgive himself if he damage him, directly or indirectly. He could not stand the idea that because of him, Eiji could become the target of his enemies, who would always seek to tear apart what is most precious to him.

He felt his abdomen, staining crimson, and knew that the knife had not given him any vital point, but, anyway...

Staggering, he began to walk towards the library. He loved that place, and wanted to finish reading the letter calmly and peacefully.

Being so close and so far from paradise, would he be able to continue living? What awaited him? Why would he live?

No matter where he went, he would drag tragedy and blood along with him.

Wanting to be close to Eiji, and being unable to do so, could he endure it? What sense could it find in that kind of existence, so lonely and empty?

Letting himself go was the best, so his broken existence would no longer be able to harm anyone else.

He sat in the same place as always, and with watery eyes, he read calmly, life escaping drop by drop from his body.