48

~Aaliyah's pov~

We finally made it back to Alexandria. Carl took me straight to his room and i laid down. I closed my eyes exhausted emotionally and physically, mostly emotionally. He took off my shoes and threw a blanket over me. He took off his hat and laid down next to me, He looked at me and pulled me in for another hug and i snuggled up next to him. Another tear fell and i closed my eyes.

My chest felt heavy and once again i felt like i couldn't breathe. I took in short soft breaths.  "Breathe." Carl said rubbing my arm. I slowly got me self together but more tears fell. He kissed my head. "I love you.." He said holding me close. I opened my eyes and another tear fell. "I love you." he said again. He sat up and looked at me. I sat up too and hugged him properly. He did the same. "I love you too..." i said softly. He almost couldn't hear it but he did. He heard it. I just lost the only person that i found the closest to a father to me.. Don't get me wrong, I looked at Rick like a father figure too but i met Glenn first and i stuck with him. 

Abraham was dead and they took my brother.

~The next day~

I was still in Carl's bed. I didn't move. I just stayed here. He got out of bed, tried getting me out of bed too but i didn't want to. Rick walked in with Carl. I moved my head down and hugged the blanket. My heart was racing again. Rick walked over to me and squatted down, putting his hand on my arm, I looked at him with tears in my eyes. He looked at me and gave me a sad look. I uncovered my face a bit and looked at him. "It hurts..." i said softly as a tear fell. He swallowed the lump in his throat, looked down at the floor then back at me. He put his hand on my head. "I know- I know." he said looking at me. He nodded looking at me. "I know it does." he said looking at me. 

"But you can't do this to yourself alright?" he said shaking his head and looking at me, He moved his hand a bit. "I know- I know how much Glenn meant to you. I know what role he played and I'm sorry." he said looking at me. Another tear fell as i looked at him and shook my head. "Carl," Rick said looking at him and moving his head a bit. He nodded slightly and walked out, closing the door behind him. Rick stood up. "Sit up," he said sitting at the edge of the bed. I slowly sat up and put my head in my hands, wiping the tears away. He scooted closer to me. "Look at me," he said softly. 

I looked up at him sadly. "We will get Daryl back. I promise you we will get him back." He said looking at me. "Y-you can't promise.." i said as my voice shook. "I'm promising. Because we will get him back." He said looking at me. "I can't do it anymore.." I said closing my eyes. "Yes you can." He said looking at me. I looked down but didn't open my eyes. "Aaliyah." He said putting his hand on my shoulders. I opened my eyes and i looked at him. "Don't say that. You can. You have to." he said looking at me. "What i'm feeling right now.. I've never felt it before and i want it to stop Rick.. I need Daryl.." I said as a tear fell. 

"We'll get him back." he said shaking his head. I kept looking at him. "I want it to stop Rick.." I said again. he pulled me in for a hug and i hugged him back and closed my eyes, resting my head on my shoulder. "You have me. And Carl. You're not getting through this alone. We love you." He said holding me. I kept hugging him. Needing it from him. "I love you, a lot more than you know." he said rubbing my back a bit. He kissed my head. "I love you too.." i said softly. 

~Couple of days later~

I was doing better, but i wasn't okay. Negan was here, and he was here earlier than expected. We I walked out and saw his people here. Daryl was here too and he was wearing a suit with an orange A on it. I was gonna go help Rosita and Spencer since i didn't want to be here anymore. "Holy shit you're alive." I heard a voice. My head snapped over as i recognized the voice. 

I saw him walk towards me and my heart stopped. "Hard do believe someone like you survived this long." He said looking at me. I swallowed the lump in my throat and looked at him. Same green eyes looking back at me. He reached me, i didn't move but i looked at him. "In fact how are you even alive?" He asked standing about 2 feet away from me. He looked at me, waiting, expecting me to say something back. I stayed quiet. "What? after all these years, Nothing to say to me?" He asked mad.

"What the hell do you expect me to say?" I asked as my heart raced. I wasn't glad to see him. I was scared.. Negan and Rick looked at us, Rick couldn't do anything even through he wanted to. Negan was just being an asshole waiting to see what would happen next. He inched closer to me and that's when I looked away from him. Backing up a bit, he was too close to me. 

"You're lucky you're even alive. You know that?" He asked looking at me. I backed away more and i hit the wall behind me and my heart stopped and i looked away from him. Scared, my eyes were the only thing showing it.  All eyes were glued on us. "That's enough Michael." I heard Negan's voice. My heart racing. He kept looking at me. 

"Look at me." He said getting closer to me. He put a hand on my chin and i put a hand on my knife pulling it out and pointing it to his neck. "Don't you ever touch me." I said as the tip of the knife touched his throat. He grabbed my wrist and twisted it causing me to drop the knife. By instinct i pushed him off of me and i pulled out my gun pointing it at him once he reached the floor. I hated him. 

I hated him so much and he was alive. In front of me. He looked at me angry and got up. I took the safety off and pointed it at his head. "I said that's enough!" Negan said pulling him away from me. He kept looking at me. "Move it. Now." He said looking at Michael. He walked away from me and i put my gun away and i looked at Negan. 

He looked at me and then walked back to Rick. After a while of them talking, Spencer, Rosita and I headed out. Dwight told us to go get Daryl's bike. So we did..