9

Emma's POV

I know Regina is probably getting an earful this morning from her parents. I get up early to do a nice run and when I come back I see Regina's car and her parents. I take my headphones out.

"Emma go shower we are having dinner and watching the game." Dad tells me. I find Regina who's sitting on the love seat and begging for me to come and intervene. Her mother. I nod and I go upstairs taking a 15 minute shower. I put on some jeans shorts stopping at my knees with socks and a white plain shirt. I have my curly hair down. I go downstairs with my phone in hand. I grab a beer and pour Regina a glass of wine. Knowing her mother she will hate me because of the look she gave Regina when she asked for a red while at dinner last night. I sit down next to her handing the glass over.

"Thank you so much." I make sure to keep distance between us so it look like we are still awkward around each-other.

"Do you two get paid to read to kids?" Zelena asks.

"No. We just do it for the fun of it. These kids are sick and most of them are dying it's the least we could do." I say in shock. How could she even ask that.

"Well how nice of you." She says and I smile. Regina chuckles next to me and I laugh looking away. We watch the game and the team I was rooting for looses.

"Told you." Regina whispers getting up to leave. After a minute or two I get up too hoping I'm not going to be noticed and I go into the kitchen. I see her leaning against the counter and drinking her red wine.

"Hungry?"

"No but I could use a snack." I get out crackers and the square cheese. I throw away my beer and opt for a water instead. We eat in silence not needing to say a word.

"This past month even though I see you on Friday's for dinner and Saturday for classes and then Sundays for the kids I missed you a lot. I don't know why." She whispers like it's some secret.

"Not as much as I have missed you." I whisper and she laughs hiding her face while she blushes.

"What are you two whispering about?" We both look to see Zelena and Regina sighs.

"Nothing Zelena."

"Now is that anyway to talk to me?"

"Zelena not now."

"When are you getting married? Seriously Regina. You're getting old and soon you'll be ugly and wrinkly because you're alone."

"I'm not even dating anyone Zelena. I already told mother I'm not looking to get married right now."

"How disappointing Regina. At least she has one child worth living for." She walks out. Regina puts her glass down and I see the tears in her eyes. She puts the glass in the sink and walks away. I put the plastic cap over the crackers and cheese. Regina storms out. I follow quickly as she gets into her car. She gets in the front and I follow. She doesn't answer to me calling her name so we sit in silence. She drives in the woods and then stops. She gets out slamming her door and I quickly follow her through the woods. She sits down on a rock covering her face. Her hands on her knees.

"Regina god." I wrap my arm around her back to comfort her. She leans into me sobbing.

"Regina please don't cry."

"Nothing I do is ever good enough! Zelena is the perfect daughter and the perfect person. I'm just a failure. All my life she's bullied me. Calling me names, pushing me around and I'm so so over it!"

"You don't deserve that."

"I was so sick of it one day I tired to kill myself. I took a few sleeping spills and mother had me emitted. I was alone in a different country. Only 11. Trying to get back my life I lost the second I was born."