Awaken: ch 6

Author note: IM SOOOOOOO SORRY, I haven't posted in a while.

On to Deltaune Kruise!!

Kris woke up slightly to warmth. At first he thought it was the fire but upon opening his eyes, the fire was dead. He was confused at first but being pulled closer to the warmth he realized he was being cuddled by Susie. His face turned a dark crimson at the thought. He turned his head slightly to confirm his suspicions that Susie was indeed being the bigger spoon cuddling him.

He felt conflicted, he wanted to move, but also he didn't. Why? He didn't know.

The sun was just showing through the broken cracks of the ruin. He let out a yawn before he felt drowsy again. He wasn't an early bird, usually he would sleep until the last minute, and the warmth Susie produced didn't help wake him either. He felt his eyelids get heavy but before he could go back to dreamland, he heard a loud growl that echoed through the snowy ice forest making Kris nearly jump out of his skin at the sound.

He was awake now that's for sure.

He looked around and saw Ralsei was also asleep. But he could tell he was starting to stir.

"Susie, Susie wake up, and don't bite my face off either please," Kris said rolling onto his other side so he could face Susie.

"Susie, wake up!" Kris whisper shouted as he gently shook her shoulder. Her grip tightened on him though, opposite of what Kris wanted.

"SUSIE!" Kris basically whisper shouted as loud as possible in her ear, or what he thought her ear was located.

"Hmm, five more- WHAT THE FUCK. KRIS?" Susie said shoving Kris away from her.

Kris was going to say something but it felt like he lost his voice. Susie started to blush sense Kris just basically stared intensely at her.

"I-I umm," Kris tried saying words but he didn't even know what to say. "Sorry for waking you up but I t-think I heard something-" and just like that the loud growl echoed again through the forest, it sounded closer and familiar.

The growl awoken Ralsei, he jumped out of his curled ball state with a feminine screech. "What was that!?" he squeaked before meeting Kris and Susie's gaze, he noticed both of them had extreme blushes and unreadable facial expressions. He decided not to say anything.

Everyone was quiet, trying to get there bearings, and wake up fully. After a few awkward minutes Kris stood up and walked to the broken entrance of the ruined building. He was trying to look for something, he wasn't sure what but all he saw was iced over trees and blue grass covered in a white blanket of snow untouched.

The cold air felt nice to him. He just kept staring into the white and icy blue abyss. His thoughts started to wounder the longer he looked out.

Why was Susie basically cuddling me? I didn't know she was a cuddly person. Did this ruin are friendship we have? Or did this create something? I hope not, well, I do like her, maybe? Hopefully? I bet she doesn't even like you like that Kris. Kris argued with himself mentally.

"Uhm mm," he heard someone clear there throat purposely, upon turning around he could tell it was Susie who just kinda awkwardly shuffled toward him. I never seen Susie shy or flustered before. Kris mentally noted to himself before turning back into the empty white land.

"So, you see anything? Any human vision powers I'm unaware of you doing?" Susie said trying to see what kris might be so focused on starring at.

"I heard something, like a growl, and no I don't have super eye powers," Kris said.

something red scurry past some trees. "Wait, I saw something.." Susie said making Kris snap his head toward the tree line.

"I don't see anythi-," Kris wasn't  able to finish his sentence when he saw the creature. It was the same creature when they first came back here.

The four legged, red, oval headed monster. It was charging straight for Kris.

The outline of Kris' body started to glow red as a heart showed in front of his chest.

It indicated battle.

———————————————————

Sorry for the short chapter, I've been busy but I hoped you liked it tho!

Love, that one person

(Word count 740)