chapter 1

I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE THIS IF YOU DONT IM SO sorry i wasted your time ily x

------

I'm here, finally, Reagan thought to herself, relieved. She left the airplane, exhausted. It had been a long 6 hour flight from LA to New York. She lugged her carry-on suitcase with her, and hauled her bag on her shoulder.

She hadn't seen Calum in three  months. Their schedules never overlapped in the same state, let alone city. And she finally had a chance to see him.

Her band, Near Flight, was becoming really famous and Calum's band, 5SOS, was already super famous so they could never see each other.

Regan felt excited. 3 months. Before, they used to be able to see each other a lot, but now that Reagan was also just as busy, seeing each other was almost impossible.

She and Calum had been dating for 2 years now. They'd never gone this long without seeing each other.

Reagan pushed her way through the already crowded terminal (it wasn't even 8:00 am yet but it was a friday), avoiding peoples' eyes, whether or not they recognized her. Right now, she was in her own world, excited to see her boyfriend, her best friend.

Technically, since she was slated for an interview tonight, it was a work day, but her manager let her have free time until later.

Reagan got a cab. She was tired of sitting but she would have to endure another hour waiting in traffic.

I'm here! she texted to her bandmates and Calum.

It was only 5 AM back in LA, where her bandmates were staying until their first tour started on Monday, but almost immediately one of them replied.

Naomi: YEESSS YOU ARE GONNA HAVE SO MUCH FUN. TELL ME EVERYTHING LATER.

Reagan: I WILL!!! Go back to sleep, sorry i woke you up....

Naomi: ITS OK BUT DON'T HAVE TOO MUCH FUN YOU KNOW what i mean??

Reagan:yeah...............

Naomi was Reagan's best friend and fellow bandmate. She was the lead singer. Near Flight was always compared to Fleetwood Mac, and Naomi was the Stevie Nicks of the group. Reagan always felt like she didn't deserve to be compared to a band like Fleetwood Mac, but she didn't complain.

And then, Calum replied.

Calum: Finally!! I am waiting!!!

Reagan: So am i. I'll get there around 9:30..

Calum: I'll keep waitng okay?

Calum: waiting*

Calum: i'll keep waiting. sorry, im typin too fast

Reagan: adflajsdlkjadc me tooShe was going to meet Calum at this restaurant in Midtown, really close to her hotel. It wasn't far, but the traffic was really bad already. The hour passed slowly, and Reagan felt more and more excited as it passed. And, actually, she felt a little anxious, too.

Was it going to be the same when she saw him again? They'd texted, called, and facetimed each other but would something be different?

She hoped nothing would change. Calum was her best friend, she liked talking to him and all the relationship stuff he came with.

She didn't even care about how messy her hair was, or how tired she looked. That didn't matter. Calum wouldn't care, either.

And plus, on the inside, she was awake and excited and kind of anxious.

Reagan stopped at her hotel to check in and drop off her things. As soon as she was done, she headed out. Again she didn't make eye contact with anyone.

The restaurant was closeby. She walked quickly, searching the crowd for Calum. It was already 9:30, and her throat felt tight, she still couldn't see him...

And then she spotted him, standing against the restaurant wall, ten feet tall, wearing sunglasses and a band t-shirt, like he always did. He blended in with the crowd, but not enough to Reagan. She still spotted him easily.

And so did he. He took off his sunglasses, and smiled.

Her heart was actually pounding, of anxiety and excitement.

"Hi," Reagan managed to say, when she stood next to him.

"Hey!" Calum grinned, and pulled her into a hug. "Oh, God, has it really been 3 months already?"

"Yeah,"  Reagan nodded, smiling too.

"How was the flight? How are you? I mean, what's up?"

Reagan laughed. "It was okay. I'm okay. I was sitting next to this guy, and he was a total douchebag... hogging up the leg room and stuff..."

Calum made a face. "Should've told him you're a rockstar."

"And that I'm dating one, too."

Calum smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes.

"What's wrong?" Reagan asked nervously, anxiously.

"God, I don't know how to tell... how to tell you," Calum said softly.

"What? You can tell me anything. Especially since I haven't seen you in so long. What is it? Did something happen while you were on tour? Are you okay?"

"I..., I messed up. I didn't want to wait, but I didn't want to tell you over the phone, I had to tell you in person... I am such a..."

There was a long pause. Reagan frowned. "Are you trying to tell me that you cheated?"

Calum nodded, biting his lower lip. "I'm an asshole, and I am so, so, so, sorry..."

Reagan took a deep breath, and faced the other way. She felt confused -and hurt, like an ice cold tidal wave just hit her chest. "Um, okay, look, I'm just gonna... go..." She turned and quickly walked back towards her hotel.

"Reagan, wait -"

 -----

IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW THEM. & i KNOW CAL wouldn't do that (i hope so haha) but this is all fictional and idkkkk it'll get better i promise

 AND the band name near flight lol i have no creativity so just ignore it if you want