An infinite

Marshall put his eye to the peephole and felt his adrenaline collapse into dust.

"You gotta be fuckin' kidding me." He muttered and left Maureen unsure of how to feel. Marshall lunged for the door and swung it open.

"The fuck are y'all banging on my door like that for?"

Two men with dark skin walked through the threshold. Maureen figured by then that the men were of no threat to her since Marshall had let them into his apartment. Still, she had hardly known Marshall in the first place and she became all too aware of the fact now that she was a young girl, in an apartment with three strange older men. As the two men walked in and their eyes beheld Maureen's figure standing behind Marshall in only a towel, Maureen wondered how she had gotten herself into a situation such as the one she was in. In truth, she was a smart girl. But she knew that a smart girl would have already told someone that Mr. Mathers had been inappropriate with her to begin with. And no smart girl would have gone to his apartment.

"Damn. Who's this, dawg?"

One man, rather chubby looking, with rounded features looked Maureen up and down, edging closer towards her in the very small circle the four had fallen into. She became nervous as the chubby man's eyes swallowed her whole like the vehement and suffocating bite of a boa constrictor. Marshall was still. She wondered also if this was because he did not care how these men reacted to her or because he was sure that they would not attempt to cross him by messing with her.

"That's his girl, I told ya about, man." The other man, slim like Marshall and with a finely trimmed goatee nudged the chubby and discomforting one.

"Hey, girl. Nice to meet ya. I'm Deshaun." The thinner one seemed the polar opposite of the chubbier one, who was still taking advantage of just the sight of her before his eyes.

"Hi."

"I'm Denaun, but you can just call me Porter." The chubby man finally spoke and offered his hand out to her. With hesitancy she took his hand, but found that his grip around her own lingered for longer than she felt comfortable with.

Another part of her mind was enveloped and trying to wrap itself around how Deshaun had regarded her. As Marshall's girl.

"What's your name, girl?" Porter asked. The words slithered down her spine and compelled her to take a step closer to Marshall. She could feel the heat from the shower still lingering off his skin.

"Her name's Maureen. Why the fuck are y'all doin' banging on my door?"

"Aight, so get this. So you know we been stayin at Jasmine's, right?" Proof began his story, to which Marshall nodded his head.

"The girl tells us that her man is outta town for the next month, and we would have to leave before he came back cause he wouldn't have Porter stayin' up in there with her. So this dumbass sneaks into the girl's bedroom and starts hookin' back up with her. This motherfucker talked so much shit on this girl after they broke up and he's still pussy whipped. Anyways, her man comes home and hears her cacklin' ass on Porter's dick."

Porter stood with head cocked back and a smirk across his face, proud of himself.

"So this dude starts chasin' us wit' some of his boys, like his girl ain't the slut for takin' Porter's dick in her ass.

A small smile twitched at the corner of Marshall's mouth.

"Look man, you mind if we crash here tonight? We don't got nowhere to stay anymore and all our shit was in Jasmine's apartment."

"Nah, man. I got her here tonight."

"C'mon dawg. Just one night."

Maureen thought that surely Marshall wouldn't allow these two men to stay while she was there. Marshall, however, already knew that he was going to let them stay. It was just working things out with Maureen that he was unsure of. Those guys always had each other's backs. And while he couldn't say the same for Porter, he knew that Proof would have done the same and more for him if he were in that situation.