Part 9.

Tom's POV

"Y/n you have to do something about it," her mother suggested. I listened to her mother. How could she live with this woman assisting her for so long? How did I not see this sooner? "Mom, I would but there's not much evidence other than my own word against his," she sighed. "Y/n do something right for once and press charges! They'll have no choice to take your word for truth," she raised her voice. It was honestly pissing me off. Is this what she put up with for the years I wasn't there? I feel worse for forgetting her all this time. I'm a terrible friend. "Mom I shouldn't they won't believe me," Y/n kept her voice down, and calm. Not trying to argue. I leaned against the window. I crossed my arms, watching her mother closely. "Jesus Christ Y/n! Do something right and have him pay for the crimes," she shouted. When she leaned towards Y/n as if she was going to hit her...That's when I stepped in. "Don't yell at her like that, it's her choice whether she presses charges or not," I spoke up. I didn't move. "And who are you her lawyer? I'm her mother, I'm helping her get what's best for her as a mother should," Y/n's jaw was at the floor. "You should've done that years ago if that's how you felt.." Y/n muttered. It got really quiet after that. It was so tense in the room. I couldn't help but feel terrible. How did she put up with her mum all those years? How did I never notice that's why Y/n didn't like to talk about her. "I wanted to be there," "So you waited for 22-years to try?" her mum's face furrowed in anger. Should I split them up or stay out of it? It's clearly a family thing. Her mum shoved her. That gave me every right to separate them. This is my flat anyway. "Ok, Ms. L/n please leave...Y/n doesn't need this right now," she turned toward me. Her face contorted. "Excuse me? She's my daughter, I can speak to her," "But you won't shove her or hit her in my flat, leave please," I asked as nicely as I could. But something about this woman, she doesn't let anyone tell her anything. I should've known. "No I-Fine I see I'm not wanted here," she spat at me. Shoving me out of the way. She slammed the door on her way out. "I'm sorry about her," Y/n muttered. "Y/n don't apologize, you can't choose family," She gulped. "I-I just don't get how you put up with her without telling me all these years," I stuttered. I know this is a really touchy subject. Hopefully, she trusts me enough. Maybe enough to tell me something? "I didn't like to talk about it, ballet was my escape and you being my only friend...I was afraid to ruin it," she had tears in her eyes but she was holding them in. I sat down next to her. She leaned on my shoulder, purposely hiding her face. I could tell she was crying. My heart broke for her. "What did she do to you? To the sweet talented girl, I knew as my dance partner," I mumbled. "That was 14 years ago...a lot can happen in 14 years" she whispered. Her voice was muffled. I hugged her tightly. Jeez, I feel terrible. I have to make it up to her somehow. "You can talk to me...I won't leave your side. Not now. Not in the next 14 years," She looked back up at me. Her red glossy eyes just stared. "That's what you said the first time..." "But-I-I'm here now, and I don't plan on leaving," She looked towards the window then back to me. "What do you think?" "About what?" "Whether or not I should...press charges? My mother really wants me to," "It's not about what I want for you or what she wants for you...it's about what you want Y/n." I poked at her heart and she smiled through the slow tears falling from her cheeks. "You're just as dorky as you used to be" she giggled. "I tried not to change too much," I smiled. She used my sleeve to wipe her tears away. "Eww," I mocked. "Shut up," she giggled playfully pushing me. We sat there awkwardly. What do I do? "Bet 10 bucks that you're ticklish," "Oh god you're bringing that back...how long has it been?" "too long and you still haven't let me figure out the answer," she pouted. "Because I'm not ticklish, and you'll just be losing 10 bucks," she smiled crossing her arms. "Hm," I pretended to sit and think. "No you wouldn't dare!" she smiled trying to shuffle away from me. "I would," I smiled. I attacked her with tickles and as I expected...she reacted. "Stoppp I'm *giggling* I'm not ticklish!" she shouted. "You seem ticklish to me," I smiled. "Nooo...I'm not..." she chuckled. "Alright! You caught me, I'll give you your 10 bucks!" she snickered. "Ok ok fine," I backed off. She sat there calming herself down. "*gasp* you dork!" "What?" "that was to make me feel better huh?" she smirked. "Did it work?" "Maybe," "Well then yeah," I shrugged. "Ugh I'm so getting you back for that one," she said jumping off the couch. "We'll see about that," "I swear on it!" she yelled from the hallway. She's so adorable when she's happy. Shit wait...am I? Yeah I', blushing. Dammit.