《Chapter 3》

Everything felt foggy.

What...happened?

Lancer felt a bit sore, spare the strangely comfortable surface beneath him. The feeling felt...vaguely familiar. It was so soft, encasing him in a warm cocoon as it delved deeper into his rather confused mind. He wasn't sure where he was quite yet. Until...

A sudden pang of realization hit the spade boy, making him well aware of why he might be there laying comfortably. He had dug a hole long and large enough to make it to...somewhere. He wasn't really sure where or how he was even able to get there so quickly. It was a blank in his memory.

Though hazy for a moment, his vision cleared, being met with the warm glow of candles above and around him. It was easy for his eyes to adjust to the dimly lit area, which was nice because a light headache came and passed every now and then. It wasn't very pleasant, though it wasn't as apparent as the lingering questions which clawed at his mind.

The sudden smell of something caught Lancer's attention. It smelled good. He'd remembered that he hadn't eaten. Maybe that was why he was so tired after what had happened? He tried shifting his head to see where the smell might be coming from when he suddenly groaned. There were several pains along his body which showed, indicating how much effort he'd put into digging that hole. Still though, he wasn't sure if he knew where it had gotten him.

"I see thou'r up." Came a familiar voice. Lancer, despite the aches, looked to see Rouxls standing some feet away. He was by a kitchenette, a pot sitting atop the stovetop where a gentle steam came from inside. The duke was in front of the pot, stirring away with a wooden spoon to keep the pot's contents from burning. He was also wearing rather comfortable clothing; not the uniform Lancer had always seen him wear. There was a long sleeved, deep blue-colored turtleneck sweater made out of a thin material. The pants looked to be a dark, almost black color, and slightly resembled sweatpants. He also wore blue slippers instead of the polished blue shoes. It was strange to see him like this.

Lancer asked, "Where...where am I?" It was a curious question, that of which the spade truly didn't know the answer to.

"Thou're in mine home." Rouxls answered. He continually stirred the wooden spoon into the pot just in front of him. Lancer tilted his head to the side. He'd never seen his home before...

"This is your home?" The spade prince then asked.

The duke hummed and nodded, taking out the wooden spoon and tapping it against the side of the pot. "It is beloweth the shop."

"You mean you're house is below your shop? Wow, I never knew that!" Lancer exclaimed. How interesting!

"Shh. I muste warn thee," Rouxls said in a hushed voice, bringing a finger up to his lips. "Thine father doth not wante thee to be around'st me, remember?" Oh, that's right. Lancer must've forgotten.

Nodding, the prince quietly said, "Oh yeah. I forgot." The aches he felt before suddenly came back.

"Thou're fine. But telleth me. Did thou really'st dig to mine home?" Rouxls asked, taking two hot pads and wrapping then around the metal handles of the pot. He placed it off to the side on a placemat to cool.

"I think so." Lancer replied, scratching at his head. A lot of it felt foggy. He was sure he had. After all, that tunnel he'd created took a lot of hard work.