rides [alex]

"What about this one?" I asked Alex, as we sat on his bed together, laptop open in front of me.

"Mm" he let out a low hum under his breath, too consumed in his phone to look at the screen.

I had been looking at dresses online for nearly an hour now, trying to get Alex's opinion on them.

I let out a light chuckle, "Am I boring you yet?"

Alex glanced up from his phone to give me an apologetic look, "I'm sorry y/n, which dress did you want to show me?" he said leaning forward to get a better look at the laptop screen.

I pointed to the strapless black cami dress, "Do you think this would look good on me?" I asked, scrunching my nose.

"I think you look good in everything, love" he mumbled, going back to his phone.

"Now that's not a very helpful answer, is it?" I chuckled, causing Alex to grin.

"I think you would look beautiful in this dress y/n".

I blushed, looking down into my lap, "It's decided then, this is the dress for me!"

I added the dress to cart, paying for the order before closing my laptop and setting it on the bedside table.

"Wanna go for a drive?" I asked, turning to face Alex.

He put his phone down and gave me a confused look, "To where?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know, no where, just around town. It'll be fun; it's a nice night."

"Ok" he said simply, giving me a small smile before scooting off the bed.

I threw my hair up into a loose ponytail and put my shoes on before Alex and I headed out to my car.

We got in the car and I handed Alex the AUX cord (something I don't do very often mind you) so he could play his own music. I actually liked Alex's music taste, it was pretty similar to mine so I was alright with playing his music.

We drove silently for a few minutes, just listening to the music as I lightly tapped my fingers along on the steering wheel. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence, there was just nothing that needed to be said.

"There's a carnival on in the main part of town tonight" Alex said, breaking the silence.

"Do you wanna go?" I asked, glancing over at him briefly.

"Yeah, I think it'll be fun", he smiled at me, "but I mean only if you want to go, we don't have to."

I gave him a small smile back before turning back to the road, "I think it'll be fun too" I said, heading in the direction of the carnival.

We arrived and I parked the car as close to the entrance as I could, before Alex and I got out.

It was quite late, so most of the younger kids had gone home, and it was mostly just teenagers.

We went up to the ticket booth and paid for a bunch of tickets before deciding which ride we were going to do first.

"I wanna go on the ferris wheel" I said.

"I don't know y/n, look at that line, we'll be there all night" he said, frowning.

"Yeah... you're right. Maybe it'll be better later" I said, sighing.

Alex grabbed my hand and led me through to one of the rides on the far side of the lot.

He turned and looked at me with a hopeful look on his face, gesturing to the ride in front of us. It was one of those ones that spins so fast that you stick to the wall.

"I don't know Alex..." I said trailing off, "It looks scary".

"Oh c'mon, please? It'll be fun, I promise" he said, pouting ever so slightly.

I rolled my eyes, but smiled, "Fine, but if I get sick I'm blaming you" I said, pointing my finger at him. He held his hands up in defence, chuckling.

We went on the ride, and as much as I hate to admit this to Alex, it was fun. We went on a few more rides after that, some taking a little more convincing, but we still hadn't gotten to go on the ferris wheel yet.

We sat at one of the picnic tables eating a way-too-expensive stick of cotton candy, laughing at how blue each others tongues were.

"Gosh, I haven't been to a carnival since I was a kid, I kinda forgot how fun they were" I laughed.

"Honestly I forgot how fucking good cotton candy was" Alex said, pinching off another piece of the floss and shoving it in his mouth. I rolled my eyes at him before grabbing a piece of his floss.

"The line for the ferris wheel's gone down, wanna go?" Alex said, already knowing my answer.

I didn't respond, and instead jumped up from the bench and dragged Alex over to the ride with me.

We waited in the line for about 5 minutes, quickly finishing our cotton candy before climbing into the white metal bucket.

The ride slowly went up as I let out a yawn, resting my head on Alex's shoulder.

"Tired?" he laughed lightly, looking down at me.

I just nodded and looked back up at him, meeting his eyes.

I wanted so badly to kiss him, to tell him exactly how I feel about him; how I've always felt. But I was too scared. Too scared of ruining everything we had together. Too scared of losing all the amazing memories we shared. Too scared of losing my shoulder to cry on. To scared of losing him. So I laid my head back down on his shoulder, and let the slight breeze hide the blush on my face.

We sat silently for the rest of the ride, the pit in my stomach remaining.

After the wheel came to a stop, we got off and made our way to the car. The ride back to Alex's was slow and quiet, neither of us saying a word to each other, convincing ourselves tiredness was the reason.

I pulled into his driveway and we got out, walking up to the door.

"Goodnight Alex" I said, giving him a small smile, before turning and walking back to my car.

"y/n, wait" Alex said, running up behind me.

I turned to face him, and was met with his soft lips against mine. I was slightly alarmed at first, but I melted into the kiss, pulling him closer by the collar of his hoodie. It was everything I dreamed it would be. Gentle and sweet, but passionate.

We pulled apart, looking into each other's eyes, smiling. "I'm really into you y/n, like really into you. And I wanted to tell you before but I didn't wanna mess up what we had going because I would never wanna lose you as a friend, but um, will you be my girlfriend?" Alex said quickly, flustered.

I smiled and shrugged, "Hm, I don't know, you'll have to give me some time to think about it" I said, grinning widely.

"Oh shush" he mumbled, before pulling me in for another kiss.

——————————————————————

very super cheesy ik but it's my first one and idk i think it's cute??? i hope???

im going to try my very best to keep up with this, but my work schedule is hectic so idk how frequently im gonna be updating

also let me know if u want me to write other people (like george or will or something)

cheers god bless xxxx