The Injury

I've been out of the ring for about four years; I would still be the Divas champion if it weren't due to injury. However neither my opponent nor me knew it would happen so it was out of our control, could we have avoided it. I don't blame her for what happened, how could I she had no idea it would happen and neither did I no one was at fault for what happened to me. Even though she blamed herself for the accident at first I eventually managed to convince her that it was no ones fault.

The day was going great it was the day of Hell in a Cell and the Divas were main eventing. I was the current holder of the Divas championship as well as having the longest reign of 600 consecutive days. I was to go up against AJ Lee for the Divas Championship in a Hell in a Cell match; it was a very important match for us since we were making history for the Divas division in the WWE. No other Divas have main evented a pay-per-view like this.

Everything was set to go we were both in the ring watching as the cell surrounded us from all sides, we were ready to make history. As soon as the bell rang we had each other in a headlock, noticing that neither of us was going to budge I delivered a swift kick to her gut and got the upper hand. I delivered some forearms before running to the ropes and bouncing back and hitting her with a clothesline laying her flat. I would continue to have the upper hand for a while before AJ control over the match.

We would continue alternating who had the upper hand before she made a dash to the top of the cell. Not wanting her to gain much recovery time I followed after her. We were both on our way to the top of the cell and the crowd was absolutely loving every single moment of it. We eventually reached the top and were once again going after each other. She eventually got the upper hand after a while and managed to bang my head against the cell a couple of times leaving me in a daze. She put a lot of force when she banged my head that I didn't prepare myself for when she threw me off the roof of the cell and through the commentary table.

Pain was all I was able to feel through my entire body when I made contact with the floor of the arena. I opened my eyes only to see that everything was really fuzzy, there was a loud pounding in my head and pain had engulfed my entire body. I was able to make out the shape of a ref sanding over me and asking me something, however I couldn't hear what he said over the loud buzzing in my ears. I was able to regain my vision on time to see him spring up onto his feet and form "X" with arms raised above his head. After a while a crew of medics were by my side and began their assessment on me. While they were doing that I was being loaded up onto a stretcher, from my position I was able to catch a glimpse of AJ on top of the cell with a worried look upon her face. We both knew the gravity of the situation and one thing was very clear to the both of us. I was not looking good at all. I was eventually stretched to the back and I could see many of my friends and fellow wrestlers trying to see how I was. However, I was quickly loaded up onto the ambulance and taken to the nearest hospital before any of them could catch a good glimpse at me.

After having a plethora of exams done on me I was able to sleep the rest of the night before hearing the test results from my doctor that following morning. I was told by my doctor that given the magnitude of my injuries I wouldn't be able to wrestle for a couple of years. My fall from the cell left me with career threatening injuries I had broken ribs, a broken arm and leg, a torn muscle and tendon along with my ACL. In all my doctor stated that my injuries would roughly take a year and a half to heal, and approximately a year and a half for me to recover from them.

Later that same day the McMahon family came to visit me and hear the damage that has been caused. The doctor came in and told them all of my injuries and the estimated time for me to heal as well as how long I would be going to physical therapy. I would be inactive for three years minimum, I was disappointed to be the least but grateful as well. Things could have been a lot worse but thankfully my injuries weren't that severe and I can return to wrestling as soon as I recover.

After I was discharged from the hospital, which took its own amount of time, my father came to pick me up and take me back home with him. Since he was a wrestler and had his fair share of injuries he wanted to help me with my own injuries, as well as help me recover and return to the ring, I was very grateful for him.