2

Zoey's pov

Who knew one word could resound around your head as much as this one? Me? What the hell is he on about? I've only just met him. I knew my face was sporting a perplexed expression but what else was I meant to do? Smile? Laugh? Confusion is the only thing on my mind right now.

"Why am I your problem? We've only just met...well apart from you insulting me yesterday"

"Whatever" his face filled with anger.

He turned around, his back now facing me. Is that it? He's just going to walk away without explaining himself. How can someone do that?

"Where you going?" he slightly turned his head back towards me.

"I'm ditching, something a good girl like you wouldn't do"

He walked off and disappeared round the corner. Now I'm just standing here probably looking like a right idiot if someone saw me. So many things are swirling round my head but his words were the loudest.

"Where is Mr.Hemmings?" I jumped at the voice. I turned to see the teacher stood there.

"I'm sorry sir but he just took off"

"Well he is known for that and I can only hope you're not mixed up with him"

"I just wanted to try and understand what you were teaching us sir and then he started annoying me and wouldn't leave me alone, then you sent us out"

"Yes, well I don' appreciate talking in my class but it's obvious who's to blame so I won't be giving you a detention"

"Thank you sir"

"Get back to your seat and we'll forget this happened. I best inform the head teacher of Mr.Hemmings' disappearing act"

****

I made my way to my locker to find Calum waiting for me like he said he would.

"Hey Calum"

"Hey Zoey, has everything been alright so far?"

"Fine, apart from that Luke Hemmings. He got us sent out of my first class and then told me that I'm his problem or something like that"

"If I was you I would stay away from him, he is a known fuck boy"

"I was going to anyway, come on I'm hungry"

"Canteen is this way"

Thankfully it was a short walk to the canteen, we got our food and sat down at an empty table.

"My other friends should be here soon" I nodded.

A few minutes passed when a girl and boy appeared in front of us. The girl had long, straight brown hair and was quite pretty and she looked friendly. The boy had dark brown hair and was very attractive.

"Saffire and Liam, meet Zoey"

"Hey Zoey"

They sat down opposite us, Liam and Calum started talking about something. I carried on eating my lunch, I'm not expecting them to become friends with me.

"How's your first day so far?"

"Alright but I don't think I'm gonna get along with Luke"

"Yeah we know what you mean"

"You do?"

"Yeah he used to be friends with us then he got all these tattoos and piercings so he could join Ashton's group"

"Ashton's group?"

"They are what you would call the 'bad boys', Ashton's the leader and then there's Michael, Ryan, Joey and Luke"

"I think I'm just going to stay away from them"

"Yeah I would to"

We spent the rest of the lunch talking about stuff in general and hopefully I've become friends with them. I am finally starting to fit in and actually enjoy the Australian life. However, the saying 'It's too good to be true' suddenly sprang to mind.

Ring. Ring.

"Hey Zoey, you've got Science with me" Calum stood up.

"See you later Zoey"

"Bye guys"

"Is there a space next to you Cal?"

"No it's taken but you shouldn't be next to someone that bad"

But this didn't fill me with much confidence. You know that feeling that you get, right in your gut, when you know you're not going to like what's going to happen next and you want to do everything in your power not to go, like you don't want to move. Well, I've got that feeling and my guts usually right.

We got to the class room and Calum took his seat while I went up to the teachers desk.

"Excuse me, I'm the new girl... Zoey"

"Hello Zoey, I'm Miss.Collins could you please take the seat next to Mr.Irwin at the back of the classroom"

I nodded but my legs didn't want to move, I knew the sorts of kids who usually sit at the back. I forced my legs to walk and my fears were confirmed when I sat down.

"Hey, I'm Ashton"

Why does this keep happening to me?

"Did you not hear me? I just spoke to you"

"I did hear you" I kept my head looking forward.

"Why didn't you answer?"

"Cause I didn't want to cause I've heard what you're like"

"Oh have you? So, a good little bitch like you wouldn't want anything to do with me...would you?" he lent forward, his breath brushing against my ear.

I ignored him and he didn't speak after that. I thought everything was alright until I started getting bits of paper thrown at me. I opened them up and read them.

'Bitch'

'Fat'

'Disgusting fat bitch'

'Good girl'

These people don't know me and they were insulting me. This just brings my other school memories back but I wasn't gonna let them win. I kept listening to the class and ignored them, then Ashton spoke up.

"You know all of those things are true" this really hurt me so I turned and looked at him.

"Why are you being so mean? You don't even know me"

"And I don't want to, you're just a good girl who can't even stand up for her self"

I just turned away because he reminded me of my old school too much but I swear I heard Ashton say 'told you'.

Ring. Ring.

Finally. I practically ran out the class but I heard someone shouting my name, I turned around and it was Calum.

"Hey, are you alright?"

"Not really"

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"No, I'm sorry I just wanna go home"

"Okay well see you tomorrow"

"See you"

I walked off down the corridor and out of the school doors. I saw all the 'bad boys' looking at me and I knew they were talking about me. I walked out of the gates and headed home, that was probably one of the worst days ever.

I can't believe I've gone from one hellhole to another. I was hoping for a fresh start. I guess things like that really don't happen in real life. Why do people have to act like that? I can't take another day of that...I'll end up having flashbacks. My past wasn't something I wanted to remember.