3. To Yuuei, or so Shouto thought

"Have you packed up?" Izuku asks Shouto who's currently picking up his cloak. He had already been dressed and had packed his bag when Izuku had knocked and entered the room.

"Yeah."

"Here's a map. Yuuei is a secret among those who live there and who lived there. Other than us, very few beings know of it. So don't go around asking for directions from any random person you meet on the road. If one of the authorities of the mountain asks, tell them Midoriya Izuku and Uraraka Ochako told you that you could find help. Also tell them about Chiyo-san. They'll kick you out if someone hasn't referred the place to you."

"Okay." Shouto walks out of the room with his bag and cloak on the ready. He closes the door and sits on the dining table with Izuku. Ochako pops by with a mouthwatering dish. Thin bread with vegetables and sauces and cheese all over it. Shouto hungrily picks up a slice and digs in.

"I'm definitely going to miss your cooking." He says and takes another slice after his first.

"We learned everything from Yuuei. So you'll be getting more dishes when you reach that place." Ochako comments.

"One more good thing to look forward to." Shouto speaks while chewing the saucy vegetables.

"Don't talk with your food in your mouth." Ochako scolds.

"Sorry." He apologizes after the food in his mouth has been swallowed.

The meal ends more happily than Shouto thought it would. He feels his heart warm with gratitude and affection for this couple who has made him feel so good with their hospitality. He has to refrain himself from chuckling at the irony of the fact that he never had such happy meals with his own family but here he is, with two people he met days ago, eating and enjoying the food and their company.

Unlike those books he read, they don't seem to be sad about parting with him. Maybe it's because of another optimistic feeling they have that he feels he lacks. Something about never bidding farewell as people will definitely meet each other. Or that's what he remembers from the books.

"I've packed some food. It should last for two or three days." Izuku hands him a small pouch with bread and cakes and a canteen filled with water. "Take care."

"If you pass by, do stop by." Ochako waves cheerfully.

"Thank you for everything once again." Shouto bows respectfully.

"Ah.. there's no need for that." The two of them fidget around and start rambling random stuff.

"Do visit us if you're ever near. We'll see you if we ever visit Yuuei." Ochako says.

"Hmm." Izuku nods in agreement. "Oh yeah! One more thing." Shouto stops and looks at the green-haired man. "Be truthful about your identity. You may think it'll help you if you hide it, but they will find out. And when they do, they will erase your memories and kick you out even though we told you about Yuuei."

"Okay. Thanks for everything. See you later." Shouto says and leaves the house. His illusionary spell has already been activated and he knows that the couple are preparing to open their bakery while he's on his way.

After all that time of reading that book from Chiyo-san and inspecting that map from Izuku, he knows that he has to travel North towards the mountains.

He has left the village and entered the green forests with the dew drops on the leaves reflecting the sunlight. He continues walking till he takes out the map to clarify a doubt.

He looks at the map and sees the village he's at. Judging from the time he took to reach this village from the previous one, he concludes that this journey will take at least twenty days and at most a month if he were to continuously travel on foot.