Five.

Daniel's point of vision

I arrive at school twenty minutes early. After my daily jog at five in the morning,  I usually head home to get ready. Other days I'd run and get a bite from somewhere and end up skipping school.

I don't play video games or anything, but I don't study either.
Nevertheless,  today isn't one of those days.
I need to see her.

Ever since I've been in this pit where I can't get out on my own, I've been depressed, angry, upset and hopeless.
Yet, the only time I don't feel that way is when Annabelle is around.
She's nerdy, quite ugly and shy.
I'm completely the opposite.

She makes me feel better about myself.
If I were to be a girl, I'd take much better care of myself than she does.

I mean, who wears a messy bun to school and don't even try to do something with her appearance like some make up?
My dad always told me how girls are way too fragile; they break by the slightest touch and they get attached way too easily. They trust without thinking.
All their insecurities come from their looks; yet Annabelle doesn't do anything  about it.
And that's why, seeing her makes me feel better, knowing that I'm not  half as bad as her.

----

Jax's point of vision.

I didn't sleep at all last night.
Fiesty was wielding my thoughts and she didn't even know it.
All she probably could think of was that Daniel player.
She won't believe anything I say if I don't earn her trust.
How do I do that?

I'm as tired as a lazy cat once I get out of bed.
If only she knew.
I've got one heck of a weird and crazy family.
My little brother with equally red hair as me, always sends objects flying, after sucking on them.
Then people trip over those objects and they start yelling at whoever's responsible.
To me, it's a bit crazy. Every morning is chaos and nothing ever seems to quiet it down.
It's just my dad, my brother Jack, my older sister Stella and me.
Mum passed away three years ago.
Which means poor little Jack won't remember anything of her.

My mum was the best woman I knew.
She could always handle so many things at once: wake the kids up, manage to wake them up. Get them dressed: Whilst dressing Jack, Stella would come and ask for advice on her outfit. Mum would tie her hair for her, and she'd always end up looking like a princess.
Breakfast was always ready even before we were finished dressing. And Dad didn't cook at that time.

Somehow Mum found time to do that.
By the time Jack is dressed, and I'm dressed, Mum would go and shower, make up and dress even before we even ate half our breakfast.
Either she was very fast, or she just knew what to do.
I always thought she had superpowers.
On days where we'd run late, Mum would always manage to get us at school with five minutes to spare, each.

Don't ask me how. Traffic clearly wasn't any obstacle.

The day she died,  was the worst.
I didn't know what happened.
She was on her way to a business meeting late at night when a drunk driver crashed into her.
I couldn't make it to the hospital in time to even see her.
I was at my own event which was also important to my swimming career.

I chose my future over my own mum.

Although I only found out after the race, I was still heartbroken.
If only I asked her to come and watch me instead of pushing her away.

I was a typical teenager, too ashamed to even hold hands with my mum in public.

I never thought I'd love another woman ever again.
I was proved wrong.

A/N

Hello everyone!
I only now realize that my cover for this book looks pretty dull, Hey? Don't you think?
If you have any requests to make it look better,  or even want to create one yourself,  feel free to do so and email me the cover at:
maggiekean.wattpad.@gmail.com

Also, I'd appreciate it if you went and checked Duncan_Donutz's stories.

Thank you every one!