chapter four

3:41 am
Thursday, December 10th, 2015

He opened my room door and closed it behind him.

I laid on my bed facing away from him. He came and sat on the same side as me before sitting his hand on my thigh.

I closed my eyes as the tears began to form. He rubbed his hand gently across my thigh.

"Bruh why are you even here." I said as my voice cracked.

"Bri gotta work and I'm suppose to be. No matter what." He said looking at me.

"That shit not fair! I haven't talked to you in how long! You come in here like it ain't shit! No! That shit not cool." I said wiping my tears.

"I know." He said lowly.

I shook my head and pushed his hand off of me.

"You don't know anything." I said staring at the stupid channel on my flat screen.

"Then tell me something." He remarked.

"I shouldn't have to tell you everything! Why can't I just keep the shit in the dark? Leave it alone?" I said wiping my cheeks.

"You can but not when it's clearly bothering you. Just tell me Zaia. That's all I ask. Whatchu' think imma' judge you?" He asked concerned.

I smacked my lips and moved my hair out of my face.

I rose from the bed and looked at him. His eyes said it all. He was worried. He really did care.

"When I was 18, I met this boy and we hit it off I guess. Then, I got pre-" I stopped as he sighed heavily.

This is what I didn't want.

"I-I got pregnant and then-" I stopped as my voice cracked.

It was like I was there all over again. Hearing the gunshot and his body hitting the floor.

I shook my head as the tears fell more.

"He was gunned down in front of me. Then, I miscarried." I said looking down and full on crying.

"I never got to tell him that I wanted it with h-him." I said crying.

I covered my face and cried hysterically. He wrapped his arms around me and closed his eyes.

"Damn Zaia." He said as his tears dropped.

10:20 am

I opened my heavy eyelids and looked over to see him still sleep. I smiled a little in admiration.

I loved him with every ounce in me and he really loved me just as much. I was grateful to have him for nights like these and he understand me. I was extremely lucky.

I walked into my bathroom and grabbed my tooth brush. I was so groggy from crying and being so sick.

Maybe I was catching the flu or something because what the hell was that earlier.