chapter eleven

Friday
March 18th, 2016
2:04 pm
Zaia

August is a really genuine person. I was so happy around him. From Trevon to Andre, he was just a nice breath of fresh air that I really needed. He was always real, always honest and from celebrities, that's really hard to see that side of them. Especially a young artist like him.

After grocery shopping the other day, he let me tag along to an event he was invited to. It was definitely a scene I wasn't used to. So many cameras and pictures. I stood my distance the entire time because I didn't want it to get to the blogs and everyone be in our business. We were just friends anyway. But, afterwards, which was almost 3 in the morning, we were exhausted so I slept over at his hotel.

And no we didn't do anything. I don't want to be that girl. But honestly, it did feel good to sleep somewhere else. Being at home all the time, it drives you crazy. Again, the breath of fresh air I needed.

I grabbed my phone and clicked the power button as it lit up to show my lock screen.

I turned over, away from August, and unlocked my phone.

2:04 pm.

I really slept 12 hours. I swear this pregnancy made me so tired.

I looked over at August who was sound asleep. I smiled looking at how peaceful he looked. He really was a beautiful man and for him to have been through so much and still smiling. I was so in awe of him.

I went to instagram and scrolled down my news feed.

We were on TheShadeRoom.

"Really." I whispered in agony.

This is exactly what I was trying to avoid.

August moved slightly and pulled me closer to him.

I sat my phone on the nightstand next to me and indulged in our embrace.

"How'd you sleep?" He whispered against my earlobe.

I bit my lip.

"Good." I responded lowly.

He trailed his hand down my left thigh and up to my waist, resting his hand across my stomach.

If only he knew.

"Are you still tired?" I whispered and he sighed.

"Nah." He whispered, wrapping his arm back around me and pulling me closer to him.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"I know, my publicist is handling it." He whispered.

I nodded resting my hand on my stomach.

I grew butterflies thinking about this moment. It was so surreal.

I smiled and he opened his eyes, looking at me.

"You're always so happy." He whispered and I chuckled.

"Got some people that depend on me and I can't give upp." I sang softly and I could feel him smiling.