Day 3

I'm sitting against the cave wall. My head is sore from the stitches and I wince when I touch it. I open up my thermous and dump it into my mouth. One drop of soup comes out and falls onto my tounge. I swallow and when nothing more comes out I look inside to see that it's completly empty. I throw the thermous and hug my knees. I'm trying my hardest to keep my sanity in the darkness with nobody around. I'm so thirsty. I can't find any more snow that isn't contaminated with something. I wiggle my toes and notice no feeling. I take off my boot and start peeling the frozen sock off of my skin. I toss it to the side and examine my right foot. It's very frozen and my Big toe is completly black. I stand up and add the rope, money and map to the fire then sit by it with my toes close to the flames. After a few minutes my toes are thawed out and have feeling again. Except for that big toe, which is still a black rock. I poke it and it's hard. I pick up the pocket knife as I remember what I saw in a show. If something is so Frozen from frost bite that it's black, It has to be removed before it gets worse. Tears fall down my face as I place the knife against my skin. My hand starts to shake as I lift the knife over the toe. I close my eyes and slam the knife down. I don't feel anything. I open my eyes and look down where my toe used to be. Blood gushes from the wound as I see my toe on the cave floor. I scoot over to the first aid kit and wrap up my foot.  Blood quickly soaks the bandage so I replace it with some more. I scoot over by the fire and my foot, where the toe used to be, starts to warm. But with that comes pain. Major pain. Pain way worse than the stitches. 

"AGHHHH!" I look up and scream into the darkness. 

Mitch's perspective

I've been trecking through the ice, cold wind. Snow is flying into my face and freezing to my eyes making it hard to see. A huge blizzard has formed over night and I'm waist deep in snow. I'm silently praying that a town shows up soon. I don't know how much longer I can go. The cold is starting to cause pain. But I have to push through it. I have to get there. For Y/N. I have to be super careful where I step because there are huge boulders covered by the snow all around me. As I'm walking my foot slips on hidden ice and I fall forward. My face crashes into a huge rock and I hear a crunching noise. I fall to the ground on my side and can feel blood gushing out of my ears, face and head. I look to my side and see the snow fillling with blood. I look up to the sky as my vision goes blurry and I'm surounded by darkness. 

Please, no.

I can't die. 

Y/N!

I need to save her. 

I'm so sorry.