3 tickets

Day 5 back at Juilliard. Even full days of practice, classes, and work couldn't keep my mind off of Mr. Mysterio. I really got used to that name but it almost made me forget that his name was actually Benito. I didn't tell Neveah that I bumped into him. I'm not sure why but I probably should. I tell her everything.

We took the train to Juilliard like everyday. I decided to finish the songs that were still typed in my phone. Some of them were genres like R&B, or rap. Some Latin. I didn't understand it but it all sounded nice. Like really nice. Like I might save it into my playlist.

I took my headphones out and locked arms with Nev once the train came to a stop. The tall buildings came into view as it did everyday. It was beautiful. Once you live in New York, the hype about it is gone but I can tell you that you don't get tired of all the lights. "Sooooo, Milena scored three tickets to Bad Bunny's concert tonight and wanted to give the other two to us. I know you don't listen to a lot of new stuff but we should go. Although, it's kind of all in Spanish." She laughed.

Sometimes I feel like I hold Neveah back because she's always concerned about what I want and don't want to do. "I think it'll be fun! We need a night out anyway." I smiled. And that was true. I think I always subconsciously uphold my parents' expectations. This wasn't going to interfere with any dream of mine. I have to find me somewhere else at some point.

She raised an eyebrow. "Really?" She asked. I nodded as we walked into the building and parted ways. I heard Neveah giggle as she met up with Marcus, her boyfriend of two years now. They were really good for each other. Nev deserves that. My schedule was split up each week. So I take two subjects Mondays and Wednesdays and two subjects Tuesdays and Thursdays. Fridays were for practicing.

I spent the day practicing Debussy and goofing around with friends until Neveah and I met up around 4:00. "I'm gonna hang with Marcus for a little while but I'll be back in time to get ready. Sound good?" She smiled. "Have fuuuuunnn." I said in a sing-songy tone with a wink as I walked away.

I wish I was getting dicked down in the middle of the day. Instead, I went home and took a nap until Neveah came home.

"Okay so I have to tell you something that I haven't told you yet." I told Nev as I was putting my clothes on while she was right outside my room. "Oh okay so I'm just a stranger, that's cool. So fuck me right?" She said and I bursted into laughter. She was always so dramatic. "Okay so remember when I went to the store with my dad? So I bumped into Mr. Mysterio and he was looking extra mysterious and someone told him to stop talking to a groupie and then he left!" I said, finally walking out after getting ready.

"Biiiiitch..." She said, mentally searching for puzzle pieces. "He was at the beach alone and said he liked it better with no one around and said he traveled a lot and now the word groupie really brings it together. HOW did you meet a celebrity and don't know who he is? Oh God, look who I'm asking." She slapped her forehead.  Ummmm. Celebrity? Yeah, if that's true then I'm so glad I don't know him. I don't want any part of it.

After Neveah got dressed, we took the train back to New York City and met up with Milena in front of the doors to Madison Square Garden. I hated how big it was because it looked like a fucking maze. Once we walked in after giving our tickets, we could already hear the cheers. I honestly got really excited. We went up the escalator to the second floor and walked through, the cheering getting louder. We found our seat which wasn't terrible. We weren't front row but we were close enough and positioned just right.

I didn't know who was going to pop up on stage but boy was I already fangirling. This was new. "When y'all see him, oh my God your clothes will take themselves off." Milena waved her hand to cool herself off. The lights suddenly went out over the stage and popped right back on once Bad Bunny stood there. I suddenly felt strange like I was forgetting something. The light bulb lit up above my head and I screamed, grabbing Nev's shoulders.

"THAT'S HIM." I told her. "Who?!" She looked confused. "HIM! Mr. Mysterio! Benito!" I explained with widened eyes. She gasped. "No.fucking.way." She said. I let go of her and stared at him with my jaw dropped the entire time. How? How did I manage to do that? I can honestly say I enjoyed the show much more because it was like I finally knew a part of him. God, Raquel. You're not supposed to want to know him. But I couldn't help it. He really made a good impression that night. We talked like we knew each other for years.

My heart was racing again. Whenever I thought about him, I tried to piece together more of his movements and now he was in front of me, engaging the crowd, vibing to his own music, spilling his Spanish out. I was overwhelmed. I thought back to our conversation about opening up. He was opening his heart at this very moment and I was in love with it. The whole concert left me in awe.

I didn't want it to end. But it did. Everyone crowded out and lines were moving hella slow. "It's like people don't know how to move their fucking feet." Milena rolled her eyes. "Fuck that." Neveah said and looked behind us. She saw a sign for elevators and dragged us along. We walked until we found it and hopped on to the first floor. We had to walk for awhile just to find a way out and by the time we were outside, we were lost.

"Uh oh.." I said and we all looked at each other.