Thunderstorms

Thunderstorms.

Will was laying on the couch when it happened. First it started to rain, then the electricity went out then the first clap of thunder struck. It felt like it happened all at once. Dipper wouldn't be home for another hour.

Will took a deep breath and relaxed a bit. He assured himself that it wouldn't be that bad. Dipper would be home soon, then he would fix the electricity. That self assurance didn't last long because another clap of thunder hit and shook the house. Will jumped and did the only thing he knew to do. Hide and cry. He hid in an the upstairs closet, where the extra blankets and pillows were kept.

Thunder could still be heard and it shook the house a few times. Making more tears fall down Will's pale cheeks as he whimpered. His heart was beating against his rib cage and his breathing was rapid and sharp. Will buried his face in his knees and covered his pointed ears with his hands to block out some of the noise.

Will didn't know how much time passed but it felt like forever. Like time was going slower. The house would shake every once in a while, and Will would whimper.

Soon the door swung open, causing Will to scream.

"Oh Will, I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you!" 

It was Dipper! He was home! Will immediately flung himself at Dipper, and sobbed into his chest. He felt Dipper's arms wrap around his torso, holding him close

"Shh, shh. It's okay. I'm here." Dipper whispered.

Will continued to sob and shake in the brunette's arms.

"Breath Will. Deep breaths." Dipper instructed.

Will nodded and took in a deep breath and tried to blink away his tears.

Dipper started to rub small circles into Will's back, which helped a whole lot. Will concentrated on taking deep breaths and Dipper's hand movements.

After a little while Will calmed down completely.

"T-the power w-went out." Will said.

"I know. Are you going to be okay up here while I go check the fuse box?"

Will nodded, and then Dipper led him downstairs and into the living room.

"I'll be back."

Will nodded again and then Dipper left down stairs to the basement to check the fuse box.

A few minutes later the lights came back on, and then Dipper came back upstairs and sat next to Will.

"Have you eaten today?" Dipper asked.

Will hesitated before shaking his head no.
"I-I forgot..s-sorry.."

Dipper wrapped an arm around Will's shoulders.
"It's okay. Do you want me to make you something?"

Will nodded.
"Chicken soup?"

Dipper smiled.
"Sure."

Dipper got up from the couch and headed to the kitchen, Will trailing behind him. Dipper grabbed a can of soup and a pot and started on Will's soup. Dipper felt arms wrap around his waist, and a forehead against his back.

"Bad day?" Dipper asked.

"Mmhm."

"Was it just the rain? Or was it something else?" He asked.

"My favorite sweater disappeared, and we ran out of tea. And I didn't eat. And I missed you." Will told him.

"I missed you too. And I think your sweater is in the laundry room. And I will get more tea tommorow. I have off." Dipper told him.

"You do?" Will asked.

Dipper nodded.
"Yeah. I've been working a lot, and I haven't gotten to spend that much time with you. So I took the day off."

"You smell like coffee."Will pointed out.

"I always smell like coffee." Dipper said.

"It's stronger today.." Will pointed out.

"Ah. Yeah, some lady spilled her coffee all over me today." Dipper explained.

"Oh."

Soon Dipper was pouring Will's soup into a bowl for him and they both sat at the table.

"Thanks for making me soup." Will said.

"No problem."

"I love you."

"I love you too." 

........

This was in my drafts folder for a while and I liked it. I just wanted to write something soft. And Dipper being a good boyfriend. So here it is. Hope you enjoyed! And please feel free to leave suggestions in the comments!

-ghost.