Chapter 10: Team JNPR Invades Omaha Beach

Date: June 6th, 1944

Location: English Channel, on the way to Normandy

After Team JNPR's Long wait the day had finally come to invade France and take it back from the Nazi's. Jaune and the others knew what they were getting into so they knew what to do. The sound of the transports engine was loud and it was hard not to hear it. Team JNPR was up in the front of the transport Jaune and Pyrrha both had their shields to deflect enemy bullets that might hit them when the ramp opened up. Nora, Ren and the other soldiers were behind them to follow them when the time came. But most of the soldiers who were with Team JNPR didn't believe that they had anything special about them.

Some of the soldiers Behind them were sea sick and were throwing up badly both outside and inside the boat. Jaune was also having this same Problem as he puked over the side of the vessel into the ocean. However after that he felt better as he stood up with a little help from Pyrrha who help him stand straight. Then the sound of German 88s could be heard trying to hit the transport boats.

"Clear the Ramp!" The driver said. "30 Seconds!"

"Alright everyone, remember your training." Jaune said to everyone. "Move fast, Maneuver, and Clear the Mortar Holes!" Jaune wanted to make sure everyone in his boat would make it onto the beach. "Keep the sand out of your weapons! I'll see you on the beach!"  some of the other soldiers were scared and others were praying to themselves to ensure that God would watch over them. Jaune Look to both his right and left and saw more of the transport boats with them.

Then the beach came into view there was Anti tank Hedgehogs. Then the boat came to a stop then Jaune and Pyrrha raised their shields with their Primary weapons in their right hands. Then the whistle blew and the noise of the ramp could be heard being lowered. Then the sound of Bullets bouncing off Jaune and Pyrrha's shields could be heard as everyone in the boats ran out onto the beach following Team JNPR into battle. The other boats released their troops too but most of them weren't as lucky as the others as they had to jump over the sides into the water. However the men with team JNPR had only lost a couple of men. 

"COME ON UP THE BEACH!!" Jaune yelled to the others as he and the Rest of Team JNPR and the other soldiers followed him up the beach. Artillery shells were then landing all over the beach trying to kill all of them. 

Jaune and the others took cover behind some of the Hedgehogs to avoid getting shot and killed. As they took cover the sound of German Bullets rain over head. Then the guns would stop and that was the signal to move up the beach. Of course it wasn't too long before the Germans would open fire again and try to gun them down.

"Find Cover!!!" Jaune yelled to the others.

 Now Team JNPR and the soldiers with them were more than half way up the beach nearing the Barbed wire. Jaune looked back at the entrance to the beach and saw many died bodies and some had their limbs blown off. Jaune shook his head and looked back at the bunkers ahead of him he needed to focus on the task at hand. That was to secure the bunkers to help the advance.

"Alright were almost there!" Jaune said. "NORA, do you still have those Bangalores?!"

"Right here Jaune!!" Nora said as she showed him.

"MOVE NOW!" Jaune yelled when the guns stopped Jaune and the others ran towards the Barbed wire and took cover where a big sand dune provided cover to them. 

Then they waited as a few other soldiers made their way to them and took cover behind the dune. Then Nora Put the 2 pieces together and then lit the fused then threw the banger under the Barbed wire emplacements.

"FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!" Nora yelled as she and the others got down for cover. Then a big explosion blew the emplacement to pieces making it a clear path to the bunkers. Everyone then ran as fast as they could to avoid the machine gun fire coming from gunning positions from between the bunkers. Then a group of soldiers including team JNPR made it to the base of the bunker and Jaune looked around the corner and saw a Machine gun nest right above them.

"Have Nora think you can take that machine gun out with one shot!?" Jaune asked.

"Of course I can!" Nora said she then lied up her shot and made sure no one was behind her and fired a 75mm rocket straight at the position and blew it to pieces. The group then made its way up the cliff by using the trenches the Germans dug. As the went through the trenches Jaune lead both his Team and the soldiers with them and he would shoot anyone who wasn't friendly. They finally made it to the top where the entrances to the bunkers were and they saw a group of Germans trying to counter attack them. Jaune and the others raised their guns and shot them one by one.

Team JNPR then makes to one of the bunker and Jaune and Pyrrha Threw grenades inside to hopefully  stun the Germans.

"Torch get over here!" Jaune said. "Your up!" Then Torch used the Flame thrower he had basically set the inside of the bunker on fire. 

"Don't shoot let them burn!!" One soldier said as they wanted Payback for all the men they had killed. The Germans in the bunker tried to jump out through the window down to the beach.

Then after that Team JNPR and the rest of the soldiers cleared out what ever was left of the German defenders. Taking many German Prisoners in the process. After that mess was over the beach was secured and allied reinforcements could finally make their way onto the beaches of Normandy and the invasion of France. But Little did team JNPR know of the next assignment they were to receive.

3 days after D-Day......

Team JNPR was currently resting from operation overlord and was in a time of rest. Until a Army captain came and interrupted their rest.

"Are you Lieutenant Ark?" He asked.

"Yes that would be me Captain." Jaune said.

"Captain Miller, Charley company 2nd rangers." Miller said as the 2 shook hands.

"How can we help you Captain?" Jaune asked as he and his team stood up.

"Well you are assigned to help me Find a 101st airborne Private Named James Francis Ryan." Miller said.

=======================================================================================

Alright done with this chapter!!!!!

Let me know what you guys think!!!

Stay tuned for more!!