Part 5: Face Your Fears Part 3

🎶Song recommendation: Keyblade Graveyard Horizon KH BBS OST🎶

As we continued, we soon found ourselves standing over a great maw. The scenery had the appearance of the dry, forsaken land of jagged rocks. Only now, when I looked around I could see metal objects sticking out of the ground, everywhere I looked. I walked up closer to one and saw that it resembled a...Keyblade!

"(Gasp!)" I nearly fell backwards at the sight of it. The whole cliff we stood upon was full of old, abandoned keyblades, which I came to be very familiar with in the world I used to reside in. "Ack... Where did all these keyblades come from? What could've happened to their wielders? What could've...caused this?" 

I had so many questions as tears rose in my eyes. I slowly reached towards the rusted hilt of the blade, running my hand across the cold metal until I made it to the worn keychain dangling from the end of it. It gave me a strange feeling. 

Mourning for the great loss, I sadly made my way past all the felled keyblades, all the way to the edge of the platform we stood along. I carefully moved closer to the cliff edge to see what was below, but what I saw made my heart nearly stop—

🎶End: Keyblade Graveyard Horizon🎶

"Sora?!" I uttered his name in astonishment as my heart started to race at the idea of getting to see him again. 

It was really him. He was right there! Just waiting at the bottom. But, something was happening down there... 

Standing all around the boy, completely surrounding him in, were mysterious figures, all wearing matching black coats. It looked like Sora had his keyblade out and—

Dark Chirithy: "Now, how did that boy find his way in here?" There was that unwelcomed voice again. 

"Huh?" I turned and saw the same obnoxious cat from earlier standing next to me, appearing to be looking down to observe Sora, too. "You!" I flared. 

His face just looked up at me, as though annoyed. "Did you bring him here?" He looked below at my trapped friend again. "Hm. That's too bad."

"What are you talking about?" I asked, in an almost threatening tone. 

"He doesn't belong here. You shouldn't have let a heart from the outside into this world. There's no telling what could happen to him now." 

"What?!" 

"His heart... There can only be one heart in the world of a dream at a time and that priority is set towards yours. There isn't room for it to hold even one other...for very long."

🎶Song recommendation: The Nightmare KH DDD OST🎶

"What do you mean?" 

"Eventually, that heart would have to either be cast out or...forced to surrender itself, to be consumed by this world."

"Huh! 'Consumed?!'" I was horror stricken at his words. I had became speechless. 

"Uh, yeah. So unfortunate, isn't it? I'd say he doesn't have much time, by the looks of things. Ah well, probably for the best. We don't need another heart cramming up this place. But still, why would such a foolish heart head straight for the deepest and darkest part of it? That's like an immediate elimination for him." The small manipulative creature shook its head. 

I was still shocked, but a frightening thought crossed my mind... Sora did have a reason for coming here. The only reason he traveled in this deep was because he thought it would help me wake from this sleep. Everything he's done so far... He did it all for me!