11

•••••

  •••••

Keith held his basketball in his right hand and his backpack hung from his left shoulder. He had walked into the student lounge and was on his way to the snack machine when he saw Stassi sitting at a table looking focused.

She's actually really cute. He thought to himself. He scrapped his plan of getting chips and walked to the table she sat at.

"Stassia, right?" He asked knowing fully well that that was indeed her name.

Her eyes met his as she looked up.

"Yeah?"

"Can I sit here?"

"Yeah." She said removing her backpack from the seat.

Stassi remembered him as the guy from the roller disco that she have met almost two and a half weeks ago.

"You're the guy from the roller disco." She said before she could fully think of his name.

"Ouch, I remembered your name and you ain't even tell me, but you don't remember mine." He held his chest. "That hurt."

The smallest of a smile grazed her lips. "Keith." She declared.

"Yeah."

"What you doing?"

Stassi looked down at her work. It was the last period of the day, in which she had a study hall period, so she was currently studying her AP Chemistry material. There was an upcoming test Friday. The material had been none stop since school started. They were in their fourth week and she had already had 3 assessments.

"Studying for class." 

"What class?"

"Just AP Chem." She spoke softly. Her pencil was moving as she tried to multitask talking and working. She had come in this common space because it's usually not as crowded as the others and it was always possible for her to hide in here.

"Cool." Keith let out kind of nervously. She wasn't paying attention to him which he didn't like. His ball smoothly moved in his hands.

"Why you ain't used my number yet?" He asked lightly. Not wanted to seem desperate or demanding.

Stassi was really not good at this. Boys did not talk to her. That made it easy to not care about them and how they felt about her. But once again here was a boy who was beautiful. Beyond beautiful and attracted to her?