Prologue

"Justice is conscience, not a personal conscience but the conscience of the whole humanity"

The halls were filled with different kinds of decorations, different colours; and the chattering noises of people inside made the situation even merrier. Every corner of the room was filled with graduates from the law faculty. Excitement filled the halls. It was like confetti being thrown high up in the sky and then turned into sparkles of glitters. All the law graduates were assembled in the particular hall; specifically there were only thirty of them. For a start, there were almost one hundred students who enrolled into the faculty but halfway through the progress most of them drop out to join other faculties, like management, business, culinary arts and even architecture. When everyone had arrived, they all took place in their specific places.

"Never thought you do continue this course till the end when I first met you." Ray said plopping himself next to the dark hair girl who took no notice of his presence but shifted her seat to the right a little when he was moving closer.

"Well, never thought I do see a rude student sitting here without a reason." Samantha replied mockingly.

Edward chuckled as she placed a palm on her best friend's lap soothing it gently. With a slight gaze, she shook her head looking at Samantha who groaned and sit back leaning her back on the soft chair. Ray tilted his head backwards to see Samantha glaring at him. Ray knew that Samantha is always one of Edward's best friends and that they will always be together no matter what had happened. Even the strongest hurricane would not break their loyalty. He marveled at that, not because he did not have a friend but the tolerance that Samantha had towards Edward.

"So, someone had decided to stay on a mute mode today?" Ray asked hoping to gain an answer from Edward.

The ceremony had started even before Edward could answer him, thus she chose to ignore him. She was more focused on the speech a professor was giving on the stage instead of the flyboy sitting next to her. It annoyed Ray; to be honest. He was already shaking his legs waiting for the ceremony to be finish and that he could have a talk with this mute-mode-girl.

"Where are you going to start your first job as a lawyer after today?" Ray asked again hoping to gain some answers.

No answer. Ray sighed knowing that she will not answer any of his questions so he decided to keep quiet. The speech went on for almost two hours before the graduates were offer their certificates of honor. Edward is a patient girl. She had almost patience for everything, in studies, in friendships, in work and even in tolerating someone as talkative as Ray. She had her own motif of becoming a lawyer, her own will. Unlike Ray, she came from a poor family. Her mother passed away during childbirth while her father passed away when she was halfway studying in law school. Her family was not as perfect as she thought it would ever be but she did not give up. She got herself scholarships and even study loans to support herself. When it was time for the graduates to get their certificates, they all stood up in a row to get their certificates. Having it in her arms now, she realized that she had made her dream come true. After almost years of hard work, finally she was able to be a lawyer like she had always dream of.

"Ed..." Samantha called out from afar, "Let's take a picture together." She said running towards Edward who was sitting under the tree.

Brushing the hem of her clothing, Edward stood up as she nods hugging her best friend tightly in her arms. They took photographs together to be kept as memories. Edward had always treasure her friendship with Samantha. It had been almost a decade that their friendship had lasted without heated arguments or fights which could lead to the end of it. Edward was glad that she had not experienced any of that as long as she remembered.